27- THAT WAS AWKAWARD

"So beat any bad guys up lately?" Joker asked as he saw Batman approach him. Batman looked at the clown with a smile.

"No, crimes been pretty low these days." He shrugged. Petty thieves were still about, however organised crime and big cartels had completely shut down, it was a big relief to Gotham, and it meant Bruce could actually get sleep at night.

"That's good," Joker declared, "looks like-" A loud rumble suddenly tore through Joker's sentence, he clutched his loud stomach, smiling awkwardly at Batman. Bruce looked at Joker with concern.

"Have you eaten today?"

"Aww Batsy do you care about me?" Joker teased. "And yes, I have." He assured.

"Get over yourself," Bruce snickered, "I'm just asking because I know how skinny you are."

Joker's mouth fell open, he felt rather offended. "I'm not skinny!" Joker peered down at his body hesitantly. I'm not that skinny. Am I?

"You're a skeleton." Bruce said with a coy grin, continuing his teasing. If there was one thing that Bruce had noticed about the clown besides his gorgeous smile, was his thin and rather petite frame, he was skinny to say the least.

"Well not all of us can be muscle freaks like you Batman." Joker rolled his eyes; he didn't have the luxury of constantly training and fighting. Back when he was still active in the life of crime, his work outs consisted of running from the police and occasional fist fights, even then the chances of him fighting were low, after all he did have henchmen.

"At least I've been inside a gym." Batman rebutted.

"You probably live inside of a gym." Joker muttered. How is he so muscular?

Batman could only laugh. "No wonder you were always losing fights against me."

"I let you win." Joker said, his pride immediately flaring up.

"I bet I you couldn't beat me now." Batman provoked, knowing the Joker was proud just as he was competitive. He stood in front of the Joker beckoning him forward with one hand. Joker bit his lip, there was a flash of fire in the pit of his stomach. So, this what were gonna be doing today?

He felt greatly encouraged to take Batman up on his offer of a little sparring match, confident even as he stared down the hero.

Now I'm not the best fighter but I can hold my own. Joker stepped forwards, he stood with a menacing stance.

"Come on then." Joker taunted.

A gleam was slowly illuminated in Bruce's eye. "Alright then." Bruce grinned, delighted to test the Joker's ability. Let's see what he can do.

Joker and Batman ran at each other, punches and kicks flying. Joker took the dominant approach, pushing Batman back while dodging his attacks, his strategy consisted of pushing Bruce back into submission. A grin lit up on his face, he looked at Batman who was pleasantly surprised by the Joker's performance, Batman noted he was doing rather well.

"Is that all you got?" Bruce mocked despite him admiration for Joker's performance.

"Is that all you got?" Joker shot back.

Bruce laughed haughtily. He's feisty, I like that.

Though the two men were deep into their battle, the fight felt more like a dance, a dance that they both were harmoniously were synchronised in. Their bodies moved together, weaving and ducking, occasionally entangling but breaking apart. Heavy breathing filled the air as they continued their battle, grins evident on mirrored on both their faces.