44- PARENTS

Joker had noticed something about Bruce, something he found strange. In his three months of living with him, there was a clear pattern in his boyfriend's behavior. A pattern that had something to do with a certain part of Wayne manor.

There was a long hallway upstairs, one that led to many different routes and rooms. In the hall, hanging above the ground and on the walls were many portraits.

Portraits of historical relics, portraits of renaissance art, just portraits of things only rich people would have.

But out of these works of art stood a few portraits that were less bourgeois, less fancy. There were portraits of people, portraits of a family. The paintings consisted of a man, a woman, and a small child. There were many portraits of them but most contained the man and woman.

And this was where the problem began.

Whenever Bruce walked past these portraits, he hung his head, eyes glued to the floor, unfaltering and never looking up. On many occasions, he would shamelessly stare at the teenager instead of looking up, which the Joker found slightly off-putting. Not only that, he fell silent, his face was cold and distant, He would Clam up completely.

He only ever exhibited this behavior towards the portraits with the family on them

He doesn't like looking at the portraits for whatever reason, Joker had noted one day. I wonder why.

One evening Joker stood in the hallway, standing in front of one of the portraits, he was ogling a particularly large one that seemed to always catch his attention.

It was the portrait of a man and a woman, in the middle sat a little boy, smiling eagerly between them.

The woman was blonde, platinum with bangs hanging off the corners, mimicking an early 60's style. Her skin was pale and even, not a single blemish lining her face, accompanied by a round face and pearly white teeth. Her eyes were a deep and beautiful color of blue, they were kind and inviting. The Joker couldn't help but marvel at her beauty.

Next to her was a man that Joker assumed was her husband. He had a chiseled face, a strong jaw with bold and smoldering dark brown eyes, his hair was dark brown, black almost. He looked powerful, in a strange way almost majestic.

And last was the little boy, he looked like a mixture of both, sharing the man's brown hair and eyes but the woman's pure and innocent features.

I wonder. Joker thought. He definitely does look like him. It has to be hi-

"Jack what are you doing?" A voice said suddenly.

The Joker nearly jumped at Bruce's sudden appearance. He glared at him for jump scaring him so suddenly.

"Don't just stand in the hallway like a creep." Bruce smiled at him playfully.

But it soon disappeared from his face as he looked up at the portrait that his boyfriend was standing right underneath.

He felt a lump in his throat form, he could only wonder why Jack was standing under this specific painting.

Joker quickly looked at Bruce, just as he had suspected his eyes were to the floor. He looked to be in discomfort.

The teen fell silent, wondering whether to bring it up or not.

"They're your parents aren't they?" Joker said boldly, deciding to indulge in his curiosity.

He didn't need confirmation to know what was so obvious, but he wanted it to come from Bruce's mouth.

The other spoke man slowly. "Yeah, why?"