56- END

Bruce wondered if death really meant that your life flashing before your eyes because for the most part all that was in his mind was blinding lights and nagging thoughts.

I was raised in Gotham, like most of us were. You said you weren't born here, I remember because you said it to Alfred once, I heard you guys talking about it as I walked past.

I should have asked when I had the chance. He felt guilty, where had his manners gone?

I would have asked you a lot of things. He thought about the endless queries he would want to be answered, he wanted to see Jack's eyes light as he explained his interest in full detail.

He liked to hear Jack talk about himself, he could listen on end without any interruption.

I would have asked more If I knew it would come to this.

What is your favorite RuPaul drag race episode? Do you want to go on another trip to Italy?

If you were a woman would you want to have my baby? Would you take my family name?

Jack Wayne? Nice ring to it. It was a positive thought. Not actually it wasn't. It was a rather depressing thought given his current situation.

He reached for the grappling hook, the air was taking him down quickly, but it was taking Jack down quicker. This was his last hope, his last chance.

Please god, I know I'm a bad person, I know I've made mistake, I'm in love with my psychotic enemy who happens to be a teenager. I dress up in a bat suit and run around the city for justice but mostly to appease myself.

I know I'm a bad person.

But please god, just let me have this. Give me just one more ounce of strength, which every deity or entity that's out there, just do this one thing for me, please.

He begged internally, calling out for the universe to hear. If someone or some entity could hear, he wished they would answer.

By the time Bruce had reached Jack both of them had nearly hit the ground, a bone-cracking chill went up Bruce's spine. He felt something solid in his hand, it was warm and fleshy.

The universe has heard, but would it answer?

He stopped their bodies from colliding with the pavement at the last second. The grappling hook bought them up a meter from the ground, bounced in the air before the hook lost its elasticity. They landed in a matter of seconds breaking apart completely.

Jack rolled across the floor a few, paces away and Bruce was flung just as greatly.

"Fuck." Bruce winced. He lay on his stomach, his heart thumping in his chest. His head shot up. His muscles were aching but he crawled over to Jack, who was face down on the pavement.

He immediately checked for a pulse, it was faint but there. He then patted the boy down, checking for any broken bones. Bruce held to Jack, he touched his face, gently, tapping lightly against his cheek, his face felt cold.

"Jack please wake up," He begged. His terror reached its peak when he received no answer.

"Oh god!" He held his ear up to Jack's chest, searching for just a faint rhythm. He shook him with even greater force. He was running out of hope.

"Don't be dead, I can't lose another person." His voice was immensely broken.

His Grief came in waves, he felt hopeless. He was trying his best to resuscitate Jack, but any logical thoughts of revival or medical care were swept away by the agonizing feeling of grief. His mind was slipping already, slipping just like Jack's life force.