52- MASTERPLAN

Nancy tightened the zip on her jacket as she felt another gust of wind. She shivered standing by her car.

"Nate." She whined, the words from her mouth turned to cold air.

What is taking so long? She was growing more impatient by the minute.

The hard cold did not help her temper or her mood.

Nancy looked down at her watch, it was 12:30. Her eyes shot up towards the front door.

She threw her hands up. "Oh, my fcking god!" Nancy reached into her coat pocket, diving for her keys. The car door was locked with a beep. I've been waiting for him for how long?

"Unbelievable." She marched towards the front door, "ten minutes before the show! Are you serious?"

The front door creaked open as Nancy unlatched the door.

Trust Nate to do this before we go.

"Nate?" She called into the eerily quiet house. Standing at the door, she listened. No reply came from Nate, not even feet shuffling or muffled breathing.

"Nate?" Nancy felt a shiver up her spine, she played the feeling off, blaming it on the weather. But the churning feeling in his stomach wouldn't leave.

He shouldn't be taking this long. Nancy closed the door behind, regretfully however as the door slammed due to the wind. She jumped, she felt as if that hadn't been a wise choice.

Nancy stayed at the door, she looked down the corridor, it was dark. Had it always been this dark? The strange quietness ad darkness was unfmaialir to her, this didn't feel like her house. She gulped as silently as she could, speaking was no longer an option.

Then she heard a thud, it was a relief to her in such a deafening silence. It had come from Nate's room, her heart dropped with relief.

"Nate you son of a bitch!" She laughed, running towards the room. She would slap the heck out of her brother for scaring her.

She swung the door open gently. "Nate why did-" The sentence was lost in her mouth suddenly, it was replaced with a scream.

Nate lay on the floor, his eyes closed and rag restricting his mouth. Nancy covered her mouth with her hand. She felt sick

"Nate!" She screamed. Her first instinct was to drop to the ground and check his pulse. Only then she was allowed to exhale when she felt his distant pulse, her nerves calmed down but she was still alert.

"Nate?" Nancy shook her younger brother, but with each shake, his body only grew limper. She quickly removed the rag from his mouth.

"Nate, how did this happen?" She cries, she reached for her pocket, fumbling around desperately, ready to dial 911.

"Why don't you find out?" A voice crisp yet rough voice carried through the room. Nancy's heart sinks, she drops her phone. Her head turns slowly.

A woman in the corner smiled widely at Nancy. She winked with a sinister smile etched on her face. She held the bottle in one hand, a rag in the other.

A single teardrop rolls down nancy's cheek.

I'm gonna die.

No one hears her scream.

The smell of cigarettes lingers in the room, along with puffs of smoke. The woman gently massages her wrist, soothing the aches in her bone.

She sure did put up a fight. She grins, before reaching for her phone.

She waits for the other end to pick up, she hears his voice on the line.

"Yeah boss, I got them." She states. She pauses and nods listening to another order.