26- HAIRCLIP

Hey remember the hair clip that Joker used to stab Batman in the previous chapter? Well it's making a comeback. 🐧🐧

It was fair to say that the Joker and Batman had become infatuated with each other over the course of weeks. Going down to the bat cave had become a daily activity for Bruce, he enjoyed being around the clown, finding pleasantness in his company. Seeing the Batman's also face gave comfort to the now optimistic Joker, he even found eagerness for each day for he knew Dark Knight would come.

Their conversations had gotten deeper, varying each day. With each new day the two men found out little facts about one another, Batman found that the Joker was rather cynical and mocking person but had traces of softness, especially whenever he spoke about his past or things of sentimental value. The Joker also formed his own perception of Batman, he was quick to realize the heroic and selfless front was only the surface of the hero, he found that Batman could be very showboated and cocky, it was a cockiness that the clown admired, it combated the Joker's mocking persona, though they were constantly smiling when speaking to each other. Strangely a connection between the ex-villain and hero had grown, it was an unspoken connection, but both could feel it, it lingered between them. It was in the way they looked at each other, the way Bruce would chuckle at the clown's snarky comments, and the Joker would go red at the Dark knight's remarks. Of course, when Alfred came into the bat cave two would act like nothing was happening between them, as if they were speaking of crime or some sort of investigations, but when he left, they would grin at each other and continue their chats.

One particular afternoon, Alfred had come into the bat cave, Bruce pretended to take down notes on the far side of the bat cave, look deep in concentration. It was only after a few minutes the hero decided to look up.

"Is he gone?" Batman asked in a half whisper. Joker made a quick glance towards the direction that Alfred had disappeared in, once satisfied that he was gone, he turned to Batman.

"Yeah." He called out. Batman stopped his little act, relived to go back to talking to the Joker. He walked towards the surgical table, taking another step Bruce suddenly felt something shift under his foot. He lifted his leg, under his boot lay something small.

"What's this?" Batman asked. He picked up a hair piece looking like object, observing it carefully. Joker who had grown impatient with waiting for Batman, watched him stand still, looking at something in his hand. He thought nothing of it until he saw something that caught his eye, in his hand he saw something that was familiar, and then it dawned on him. My hair clip!

"It's mine." Joker exclaimed with wide eyes, he jumped off the table and rushed straight to Batman. "Please give it back." He pleaded. Batman looked at the clown then the clip. He took a step back, the Joker was very much in his personal space.

"This is yours?" He questioned with doubt. He could see desperation within the clown's eyes, he was a little surprised that the Joker was making such a fuss over a hair clip, and that fact that he even owned a hair clip.

"If it says Napier and it's purple, then yes it's mine." Joker explained. He looked at Batman's with anticipation. Please give it back, I need it.

Batman looked at the clip and sure enough the clip was purple, dotted with flowers and had the word Napier on it, but there was also something else, Bruce fiddled with it until something jumped out at him.

"There is a blade inside." Batman observed the small but sharp knife, something clicked in his head suddenly, "The same one you used to stab me." Bruce remembered weeks ago how he had emptied the Joker's pockets, but he still had a weapon and he had used it to attack him.

The Joker chuckled nervously. Uh oh. I forgot I had done that.

"Yeah sorry about that I was a little emotional that night." Joker mumbled, looking to the floor. Batman bit his lip; he could see a hint of sadness in the Joker's face.