55- THE FINAL ACT

"Oh my God, this is totally not a Zimzalabimbim feeling." The Joker opened his mouth, now able to speak. The little joke did nothing to temper his pain, as another loud disgruntled wail escaped him.

The climb up the ladder was especially brutal for the wounded teenager, all the burly pressure applied to his leg, every step, every grunt made him whither away silently. It didn't help, that every three seconds he would lose his footing, due to his fucked eyesight.

Upon reaching the top, he felt as if he had died. He exhaled loudly before collapsing on the floor. He was panted, finding comfort in the darkness in the well-scheduled lighthouse.

It's bigger than I thought, He breathed. I wonder if Bruce can see me from up here?

The Joker lay on his stomach for a couple of seconds before, he began to crawl around the watchtower

He could feel the open breeze coming from old wooden floorboards and open windows. He shot his head up to one of the windows, well what he thought was a window with his blurred vision.

Maybe If I could just get up, I could stand there and wave for help. He gulped, thinking about the mental and psychical strain it would take for him to get up.

Yeah, I can scout from up here. He stopped before he got ahead of himself. He looked behind him at his shattered leg. That's if I could stand up.

Nonetheless, if he doesn't find the police will. And if he doesn't then Jon-, nope he won't. He brushed the thought away. Instead, he rolled on his unwounded leg, he was able to sit up but not without an agonizing groan.

For what felt like an eternity, he sat there, his body stayed still daring not to move.

Well I've been shot in the leg and I'm in severe pain, but things couldn't get any worse right? He laughed.

If only he hadn't thought that.

It started with a light tap on the ladder, barely audible, the sound rose. The light tap progressed into something more, he began to hear it. The wood creaked from underneath him.

He snapped his head up. Am I imagining this?

The nose turned to footsteps, slow and heavy, coming up the ladder. Something or someone was easing their way up to the watchtower.

The Joker gulped and scooted back as best as he could.

"Batman?" He squinted in the darkness, the effects of whatever he had been hit with were wearing off but it was still hard to see the figure sauntering towards him.

He grunted as he tried to get up, futilely however as it only caused more blood to seep out of his leg. He whined loudly.

"Hey, Jack!" He heard his name being called loud and clear. Whisked away by murmurs.

"The canister it's meant to mess with your senses, your hearing and sight will temporarily be messed up, it should be wearing off soon. Are you all right?" The figure inquired, they came off as soft but never moved from the doorway.

The Joker's chest heaved slowly, the tone relaxed him.

He drowsily opened his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine did you stop him?"

His eyes kept closing and shutting. His guard was down.

"I did." The voice confirmed, an eerie silence reigned until the figure decided to speak. The softness disappeared.

"I also took care of this." He tossed something solid towards the Joker's feet.

The Joker looked down, bewildered by the loud clatter, he examined this "object" it was black and almost circular. The Joker looked at the black object slowly, he was struck with confusion. His eyes looked at the mask properly and it dawned on him.