49- BABIES

"Another party?" Joker cocked his head from his book, he closed it before exhaling. "With your colleagues." He shuddered at the mere thought of what happened last time.

"No, it's not a work thing," Bruce said quickly, never again would it be a work thing. "A circus fair is coming to town, my friend invited me to tag along. You remember Nate. Right?"

"Nancy's brother?" The joker cracked a smile. "How could I forget?"

Both of us had the lights punched out of us. The Joker was still finding it hard to forget about the incident.

"Yeah, she'll be there as well," Bruce confirmed, he hoped the Joker would gladly come along, the last time the Joker and Nancy had seen each other they seemed rather close.

He found it ironic how smitten both his co-worker were with an ex-supervillain.

"Ohh then I'm definitely going." The Joker shut his book,

The teenager jumped up from his seat, "Just give men ten minutes to get ready!" He cried before running up the stairs.

Bruce made a face as he saw the teenager come down the stairs. "You took over ten minutes." He grumbled.

"Well, I had to look good." The Joker twirled in front of him, showing off his great figure. "How do I look, good I hope?" He batted his eyelashes playfully.

Bruce rolled his eyes with a small scoff. "You don't have to get dolled up for me you know? I find you pretty regardless."

"Aww, thanks, Brucie." He planted his lips on Bruce's cheek. "But who said I was doing it for you." He followed up with a giggle.

"Let's go." He smiled, he pulled Bruce's hand towards the door, eager to leave.

********** 🐧🐧

Nancy was standing alone looking around, lost in concentration trying to find any sign of Bruce.

Thank goodness! Bruce breathed, he quickly nudged the Joker, who spun his head around and saw her. Both began to speed walk through the crowd.

"Nancy!" Joker waved still walking towards her. Her head turned in his direction upon hearing her name. Her eyes sparkled as she saw them, a huge grin grew on her face.

"Nancy." Bruce greeted, he stopped finding her in the wave of people. The trio congregated in the crowd all huddled smiling.

"Hi, Bruce." Nancy greeted briefly before turning towards the Joker. They paused and looked at each other. Notable grins were plastered on our faces. The last time they had seen each other they were been carted around by security.

"Jack!" She squealed! She ran at him, embracing me in a tight hug. The Joker hugged back clinging onto her even more.

Nancy had a fondness for him since he was the man or more accurately the boy who had stolen Bruce Wayne's heart and the Joker had a fondness towards her since she was willing to fight security for him.

"Oh my god! You came I didn't think Bruce would bring you!" She laughed. The excitement in her voice sparked some craze in the teenager.

"I don't think he'll ever let me go anywhere near a business setting." The Joker replied.

"Honestly it's nice to see you again Jack." She pulled away from the hug.

"Oh, it's nice to see you too Bruce," Bruce remarked to himself sarcastically.

I didn't know they were this close.

Nancy scoffed with a small smirk. "It's nice to see you too Bruce." She added, "When you not getting tackled by the security of course."