31- CONFESSIONS

Joker sat on the table with his hand covering his mouth, he stiffed his cries, willing for the tears not to fall down. He honestly felt like shit, the whole night he had spent tossing and turning. All that was on his mind was the brutal rejection he had just dished out. Even though he had been the one to crush Batman's feelings he felt like he had been crushed.

That was kinda brutal, I didn't have to go sicko mode on him. He almost regretted being so upfront. But he had to, or else he would have let himself slip, he might have even succumbed to his own feelings and done something he would have regretted.

I'm so fucking dumb. Joker sniffled. Why am I feeling like this? I did the right thing. He couldn't comprehend his silly emotions, a man like himself should have been happy glad almost that he had stopped the Dark Knight from making such a fatal mistake. But he wasn't, and he wasn't going to be any time soon. He could only feel sadness.

How did this happen? How did we get like this? Joker wiped the tears from his eyes hurriedly, they were seeping down quickly and uncontrollably. He hated how he was feeling right now, and he could only blame himself.

"Fuck these feelings." He whispered.

*******

Bruce was thinking about Joker. Undoubtedly thinking about the brutal rejection he'd just received.

He walked over to the window that reflected on his dark surroundings. The lights were off, the moonlight was seeping into his room. The atmosphere radiated with sombre energy, mirroring the darkness of the night. The tone of place greatly encouraged his tendency to feel empty.

Bruce was brooding and not doing very well at it all. His emotional capacity had toned to down to zero as he thought about the blow his ego received. Never before had Bruce billionaire of Gotham and Dark Knight received such a fatal blow.

It hurt, and it hurt very much. What started off as a dull ache had now transpired into what Bruce could only describe as a constant gnawing at his heart and a piercing pain that was forming into a crushing sensation.

The feeling was overwhelming, too much to bear almost, it struck him at every point. Every thought twisted itself to become about the Joker, every feeling was directed towards the Joker. When Bruce closed his eyes all he could picture was the Joker.

The Joker had yelled at him, making his heart shrivel up in that very moment. He had denied Bruce, denied him of telling the Joker his admiration for him before tearing his heart apart.

But the last and final look is what had really gotten Bruce, the look in the clown's eyes. It was the look of regret Bruce was sure of it.

And that sentence! that Godman sentence! "Believe me I only wished things had been different Batman." Those words filled the hero with such pain. It made Bruce believe there was actual hope if he wasn't the Batman or if the Joker wasn't a murderous clown.

"But I am the fucking Batman! And he's the Joker!" Bruce growled, and that was something he couldn't change. He began to pace around the room, the turmoil within him was becoming unbearable.

Why say something like that? He questioned. Why give me false hope? Why flirt and even get close to me? Bruce reminisced over their time together, the irresistible and undeniable spark between was so strong! A bond had formed between them, the intoxicating temptation that both felt was so real, it was in the air! Bruce could cut the romantic tension with a knife!

God, I showed a side to him no one has ever seen! He told me about himself! Then why would he? Bruce struggled to form a sentence; he was too infuriated. He was infuriated about the rejection; he was infuriated about how he felt! He was infuriated that Joker could do this to him!