41- ITALY

Bruce wasn't usually one to listen, today was one of those days.

"Ah Mr. Wayne it's good to see you again, it's been a while since you've taken your jet out for a spin ." A pilot said as he approached him. He met Bruce outside the jet, earnestly greeting him with a smile.

Bruce smiled, extending his hand "Thanks for coming on such short notice." He shook hands with his pilot excitedly, eager to fly.

"Not a problem. I'll be in the cockpit if you need anything. Your other passengers are waiting inside." The pilot smiled again, before disappearing inside the jet.

Bruce who had turned to smile back to the Joker nearly had a heart attack. The teenager's hands were folded aggressively, his eyes glaring with utter fury as he gave him the deadliest glare of his life.

Bruce chuckled nervously. "Don't look at me like that, I'm doing this for your own good." He tried to explain for what felt like the millionth time.

The Joker nearly choked as he tried to suppress a growl.

"You had Alfred pack all my clothes and put them on the Jet without my permission!" He hissed. He huffed turning away from his significant other.

He felt irritated, knowing that he had distinctively told Bruce that going to another country was out of the question.

I told him I didn't want to go to Italy and he goes and does this! The Joker shook his head with frustration. Recent memories of this morning's betrayal began to fill his mind. The more he thought about it the saltier he got.

He remembered going to his room that morning, rummaging through his closet only to find it completely bare, missing all clothing and shoes. There was nothing besides one outfit and a note left by Bruce stating:

"Get dressed, we're going out."

Though the Joker had found it a surprising and borderline strange he thought nothing of it. Since Bruce had supposedly dropped the whole "Italy thing" he found no correlation to his closet being empty and a getaway trip, after all, he had no reason to worry.

Boy was he wrong.

The bizarreness of the day only seemed to continue. Alfred was nowhere to be found in the manor but breakfast had been prepared and laid out on the table.

What the fuck is going on? Joker had thought. But that still didn't stop him from going along with it. Naively he had gotten dressed, racing down the stairs eagerly and out of the gates to find Bruce in his Ferrari.

His suspicion had died down, now elated and enticed by the idea of an outing he asked where they were going. Bruce just smiled at him deviously, stating "It was a surprise." The answer was fine at first but after a while, the Joker was dying to know. The teenager had received no answer each time he'd asked where they were going, Bruce would just smile at him, replying with a vague and simple. "You'll see babe."

As the two continued to drive the Joker's suspicious increasingly grew. It was only when the Joker had seen a massive jet and cheesy grin on Bruce's face did he realize that he had fucked up.

God, I should have known that bastard would try something like this. The Joker had thought.

Bruce grinned widely. "Come, going to Italy will take your mind off things."

He had planned their little getaway perfectly, a week away from Gotham was all his boyfriend needed, it would take his mind off all this scarecrow business, which Bruce still didn't understand why he was stressing over.

"Aren't you needed back in Gotham?" Joker rebutted.

"What if Scarecrow pulls something?" He fell silent after saying that. Still on edge about Scarecrow's break out. He worried about what the freak could get up to, worried that he would ruin things...