33- BETRAYAL

"Uggh, I'm so bored." Joker remarked in the middle of the day, he was walking around the table, distantly racking his brain for fun whilst fiddling with his fingers as he had nothing to do.

Bruce who was standing with his hands folded, peered at the teenager. "Come here next to me and you won't be." He offered, beckoning the Joker over with his finger. Joker poked his head in the direction of Batman and stopped walking, though the idea was very tempting, unfortunately he had to decline.

"I can't." Joker groaned, "What if Alfred walks in like he almost did last time?" Alfred had become very good at popping in unannounced when he wanted to and cock-blocking the two.

"Yeah that was close," Bruce agreed.

It was only two days ago when the butler had stormed in whilst Bruce had his hands on the Joker cheeks. Though Bruce and Alfred were close, even he could admit it would be awkward explaining to his butler why he was being so touchy feely with the teenager.

"But don't worry, he's not." Bruce assured. Well at least I think he's not.

Joker cocked his eyebrow with uncertainty "How do you know Mr risky?" He challenged. "I wish we could, but we can't. Not here anyways." He sighed, continuing to walk around the table.

Batman fell silent and thought to himself. The Joker was right, they couldn't just stay here hoping Alfred wouldn't just walk in, that was far too daunting. We need to go somewhere else.

"How about we go out," He shot the idea out randomly. "Like as in a ride in the bat mobile?" He added.

Joker stopped once more, "In the bat mobile?" His voice tingling with interest. Joker had never been in the car, consciously always. He'd always wondered what the design for Batman's hot wheels were.

"Isn't that a bit risky." He questioned. Riding around in the bat mobile though very fun, sounds a bit dangerous. Kinda asking for trouble there.

"Don't worry I'll protect you." Bruce said with a cheeky smile. Joker frowned, furrowing his brows.

"Thanks, my knight in shining armour but not what I meant." He sighed, shaking my head. As if I need protection.

Bruce chuckled haughtily "Come on lemme take you out." He insisted. Bruce was itching if anything burning to be alone with the Joker. There was so much he wanted to talk about, so much he wanted to know.

Joker seeing that he couldn't resist the charm of the Dark Knight, gave into the idea. "So, our first date is gonna be in your car?" Joker inquired.

Batman turned to him with a grin, "Yeah pretty much." Bruce said knowingly that their first outing was a little unorthodox.

Joker stared at him for numerous seconds before cracking a grin. "How charming." He was fond of the idea, or maybe he was just eager to finally be leaving the dark and dingy bat cave.

"But we'll need to sneak out." Bruce noted. It wasn't like he could just waltz right up to the surface of Wayne manor and leave, for one that would reveal his identity and two Alfred would probably throw a fit for sneaking out the young boy.

Joker smiled cheekily. "Let's do it now." He agreed with a gleam in his eyes, the prospect of sneaking out was entertaining to him.

"Alright, here take my hand, I'll lead you out." Bruce offered his hand since he knew of a secret route out. Joker giggled softly, hands on hip as he stared down the Batman's outstretched hand.

"Are you just trying to hold my hand Batsy?" He accused.

Bruce shrugged nonchalantly "Maybe, but you'll take it anyway." He added smoothly.