37- MOVING IN

It was late in the afternoon, when Bruce was in the kitchen, idly doing nothing as he sat at the kitchen table when heard it. There was chime and it was coming for the doorbell, the loud ding dong tore him from his brisk thoughts. Being too lazy to react or even get the door. He sighed to himself, deciding to call upon his butler.

"Alfred can you get the door?" Bruce yelled from the kitchen, there was a short silence.

"Blood hell! I'm halfway across the house!" Alfred yelled back. He was upstairs, too busy dusting away at furniture to run down the stairs to get the door.

Bruce rolled his eyes "Fine, I'll get it." He trudged out of the kitchen. He couldn't help but frown as he walked down the hall, he could hear the doorbell continuously chime. Bruce had heard it go off at least nine consecutive times before he had led the kitchen. Whoever was ringing was just plainly being obnoxious.

Bruce reached the door. He swung the door open, eager to stop the annoying ringing. "For the love of god stop!" He snapped almost immediately. His anger however quickly subsided as he saw who was standing behind the door.

The glare disappeared from his face. "Jack." Bruce said with a pleasantly surprised face.

"Hey," Joker gave an innocent as if he hadn't rang the doorbell a million times. "Did you miss me?" He asked. Bruce's face instantly lit up.

"Like hell I did." He grinned. He beamed at the teenager, overjoyed to see him after a tedious week without his presence. To say the least, he was more than glad to see Jack. Overtaken by excitement and seeing that the Joker was still standing at his front door awkwardly, he outstretched his hand.

"Come inside don't just stand there." He practically yanked the teenager inside, leading through the halls of Wayne manor. As the Joker was being dragged by the wrist, he took his time to observe the inside of the house. It was the first he had ever stepped foot inside the house, despite living under for about four weeks. Frankly he was impressed, the house was much grander than he expected. The walls were white and resembled a more Victorian design. It had an eloquent touch, not to mention it was massive.

Whoa, he's rich. Like rich, rich. Joker marvelled.

"So, what did you get up to when I was gone?" Joker asked curiously, eyes still wandering from object to object. "Not brooding I hope."

Bruce scoffed quietly before stopping and leading them both the hallway, in front the stairs. "Ha-ha, I may have been. Speaking of brooding, there's a person who's taken this worse than I have." Bruce remarked.

Joker whizzed his head around. "Oh, really and who might that be?"

"Hey Alfred come down here." Bruce yelled towards up the stairs. The butler had defiantly not taken the teenager's departure well. Tantrums, silent treatment, and moodiness was all that Bruce had to deal with in the wake of the Joker leaving. It was very much draining.

"Alright fine." Alfred caved finally. I guess this lamp can wait. He paced down the stairs to see whatever the hell Bruce needed.

"What do you need?" Alfred questioned. He stared at Bruce with a blank expression, that was until Bruce motioned to the young man standing behind him. The butler's face switched up immediately.

"Jack." The butler said softly. A smile parted his lips.

The Joker smiled back. "Hey Alfred, how have you've been?"

"Better now that you're here." Alfred said jovially, just like Bruce he too was overjoyed. Bruce looked at the two before clearing his throat.

"We have things to discuss don't we Jack?" He said it but he looked at his butler did so, Alfred got the message quickly. Now that he's here I can ask him.

"Well I'll be leaving you two." Alfred announced. "Bruce." He muttered. He shot him a quick look before leaving the two in the hall and entering a different room.

Joker cocked his eyebrow suspiciously. "What's going on with him?" He had definitely caught onto the looks exchanged between the two.

"I don't know." Bruce lied with a quick shrug. "So, are you okay?" He followed up asking, it was quick and rushed, almost if Bruce had thought about it on the spot.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Joker looked at Bruce with a confused face.

Bruce shook his head quickly. "No reason." He scratched the nape of his neck awkwardly, as he looked down. He hesitantly looked at the teenager, before finding the courage to speak.

"Move in with me." He asked suddenly. The Joker's eyes widened.

"What?" He choked out. "Bruce what the heck?!" Joker squealed.

Bruce cringed instantly. "Wait! I know it's sudden."

"You bet it fucking is." Joker interjected.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown it out there like that. Bruce wondered. But it was too late to take it back now, he just had to run with it.

"What I mean is, you wouldn't have to find a new place to live because you'd be here with me....and you'd be safe and.... I want you here and Alfred also wants you here, he's actually the person who came up with the idea." Bruce tried to explain quickly.

He been thinking and weighing out this idea for days now. Alfred had first bought it up and honestly it had stuck with him. The Joker staying with him, living under his roof, under his protection was a concept Bruce liked very much.

He already know my identity so why not live me.

"Oh, is that so." Joker remarked. He bit his lip in concertation. The offer was so sudden and so random that he honestly didn't know how to react.

"Well I don't know, I was kinda living with Ivy and Harley, they like having me around. Not to mention they're not very fond of you." Joker admitted.

It's not like I could just pack and leave, especially after being gone for so long. Harley would definitely kill me this time. Joker shuddered; he could imagine the conversation completely going left.

"Oh, I couldn't tell." Bruce replied with a voice full of sarcasm. "I don't know how your friends with that woman." He muttered.

"Hey!" The teenager snapped as he punched Bruce in the arm. "She's a great person she's just very overprotective of me." He scolded.

Bruce put his hand up defensively. "Whatever you say." He said in fear of trying not to anger the teenager, although it still didn't stop him from disliking her.

"Look, you were already living here for weeks anyway so why not live in Wayne manor." Bruce added, he could only think about how easier life could get for both of them. Not to mention he wanted to constantly see the teenager.

Joker began to think about it. Are moving way too fast? Or are we moving too slow? I would love to move in but.... It was all so sudden.

On one had, technically I've been living "here" for a while now. But we've only just started dating.

Bruce moved closer. "Look just move in with me, it will make things less complicated." His tone was commanding but gentle. The Joker looked to the floor.

"I don't know, Bruce i-i." He stammered. Joker didn't know how to feel about this, he wanted to but could he?

"Please." Bruce pleaded. I need you beside me. It's the only way I could sleep.

The clown looked at Bruce, he could see the sincerity and need. He must really want this. He really wants me to move in. Joker exhaled loudly.

I can't say no to him.

"I'm crazy for saying this." He sighed. He knew the repercussion would be pretty big, but he liked Bruce more than he cared about the consequences.

"Fine, I'll move in with you." He accepted finally.

"Yes!" A voice shouted from outside the room. Joker and Bruce looked at each other, before peering at a door close to the hallway. There they could see Alfred peeking at him.

"Alfred!" Joker could see the butler lingering in the doorway. "You've been here the whole time?"

Alfred stepped forward revealing himself. "Sorry for the intrusion but I'm just needed to know whether you would stay." He clarified.

"Is that so?" Joker folded his arms and looked between Alfred and Bruce, both were sporting guilty smiles on their faces. So that's why he was acting so strange. They were both in on it.

"I'm glad to have a face other than Bruce's here." He beamed.

The teenager laughed. "Yeah I would be too."

Bruce rolled his eyes at the two, he didn't find their teasing so funny.

"Don't you have something to do Alfred." Bruce hinted at the butler. Alfred shrugged; Bruce groaned with annoyance seeing that his butler wasn't getting it.

"Come, I'll give you a house tour." Bruce said.He yanked at the Joker's hand, eager to get him alone.

Bruce led the Joker through the many halls of and rooms of Wayne manor, familiarising him with the settings of his newfound home. Joker was still buzzing with shock and excitement, he couldn't believe he had just agreed to move in with Bruce Wayne. Bruce fucking Wayne!

The two spiralled around the manor, Bruce started with the least important room, showing the unoccupied ones before leading him to the main ones. He was just as excited to show the Joker's his house as the Joker's was to see it.

"This is my study." Bruce opened the door for the Joker, allowing him to enter first. Joker looked around, he noticed the study was littered with paperwork and books. Bored with the study Bruce proceeded to whisk him away.

Bruce lead the Joker into another room. "This is my library."

"That's a lot of books." Joker said with wide eyes. Bruce looked at the teenager, he got the vibe that the Joker liked books.

Books could wait for another day however, as there were still many rooms in the house the two hadn't explored. Both men carried on their exploration, they walked in a long hall, one that wasn't located near the stairs or vaguely familiar. Joker could feel the brightness of the mansion decrease, he felt as if all the colour was being sucked away as they continued to trek along. This hall was long and narrow, on the walls hung portraits, many of fancy art and some of people.

There was one portrait in particular, one with a woman and a man hung above higher than the rest, between the two adults was a small dark haired boy with a big smile, the boy and the father very much looked alike. Joker slowed down his pace, he was drawn to the painting. For some reason it fascinated him.

The little boy looked very familiar. Is that?

"Come on keep up." Bruce said suddenly, as he quickened his pace. He had gone right past the painting , almost ignoring it completely. in fact now that he thought about it, Bruce had become suspiciously quiet. He no longer talking with excitement or cheeriness ever since they had walked past this halls of portraits.

Joker found it strange, he looked back at it one more time. Interesting . He thought.

"And this is my room." Bruce said finally.Joker peered around.

"Why is everything so dark?" The room looked very mundane and cold to him. It was simple, but modern. The bed was in the centre of the room, with black bed sheets, a mirror was adjacent to it. The windows were covered by dark curtains and the carpet on the floor was also black.

"Well if you couldn't tell my favourite colour is black." Bruce replied.

"What are you, some sort of emo?" Joker teased.

"Maybe." Bruce smiled. "Hey, we need to talk." He said now that they were actually alone.

"Uh oh." Joker exclaimed dramatically. That doesn't sound too good.

"Don't worry, it's about us." Bruce assured. "We need to set some boundaries."He explained. Joker nodded in response.

"Well for one Alfred doesn't know." He announced.

"I figured." Joker said. Though the butler was a very lenient, the teenager was sure he wouldn't be as supporting towards this asaltacunas relationship.

"Your 17 and I'm 24." Bruce reminded.

Joker's lips formed into a small pout "Hey that's both none of our faults. And I was 24 too." He was annoyed.

"But you're not legal." Bruce interjected. Joker made a face quickly.

"Oh why? What were you planning to do?" There was a cheeky gleam in his eyes he said so.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." Bruce quickly spluttered: he'd only just realised how pervy his words sounded.

"Did you just invite me here just to fuck?" Joker said with a fake accusing tone.

"NO! Of course not!" Bruce stammered with a hint of embarrassment in his tone.

Joker burst into laughter. "I'm kidding." He giggled. Although that still didn't stop Bruce from frowning at him.

"I understand. We need to keep this a secret it's not really idealistic for a 17-year-old and 24-year-old to date." The Joker sighed. Even he was still trying to wrap his head around their provocative age gap.

"Yeah, another thing how Ivy and Harley took your sudden change?" Bruce wondered.

Joker began to fidget with his fingers. Besides the fact that Harley nearly killed me? He scoffed.

"Well Ivy didn't really care, she's only in this business because of Harley, but Harley didn't understand she thinks you're a bad influence on me." he admitted.

"Ironic." Bruce muttered. I'm the bad influence.

Joker smiled nervously. "Harley wouldn't agree, she wants to kill you"

Bruce nodded. "Understandable." He replied.

Joker chuckled. "But she'll get over it..... I hope... I think." For the sake of my friendship and this relationship I really hope she does.

"Hopefully." Bruce said. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." Joker replied. Bruce chuckled smiled at him.

"Very funny." He said. "How did you feel when you found out I was Bruce Wayne?" He asked curiously.

Since revealing his true identity he was burning to know what the Joker thought of him. There were many rumours about Bruce Wayne and he wondered if any of these rumours muddied the perception the teenager had of him.

Joker bit his lip pretending to think. "Bruce Wayne billionaire and playboy is the serious and brooding Batman?" He said nothing for a while.

The teenager lips formed into a small smile. "You could say I was shocked."

"I could of been somebody worse." Bruce commented. He hoped that he was everything that the Joker wanted.

"But you're not." The teenager reassured. Way better than my other ex.

"So you like what you see?" Bruce asked drawing nearer to the clown. The space between them was non existent.Joker suppressed a soft gasp.

"Hmm it's not that bad." He said trying to keep calm: He'd spent so much time with Bruce yet every gesture of affection still left him very giddy.

The older man was very close, the Joker was basically cowering under him. Bruce was leaning, his face drawing nearer to the Joker's, the Joker didn't hesitate to get any closer either. He leaned in as well, bringing his lips up against Bruce's. The two kissed softly, slowly pressing themselves up against each other.

The Joker could feel himself become light headed, his mind was spinning. Bruce was also hazy, enticement was quickly taking over his body.

Oh Fuck. Joker moaned internally. This man is too much. He though with a smile. He broke away from the kiss, regaining his breath.

"So, are you gonna finish the house tour or are you just gonna keep kissing me in your room?" Joker inquired cheekily.

Bruce smiled at him. "Which would you prefer?" He motioned.

Joker smirked at Bruce. "The one that doesn't involve us getting caught, let's go." He whispered. He nudged Bruce off him softly. Bruce huffed quietly; his hands intertwined with the Joker's.

"Fine." Bruce complied, though he liked the other option more.

"Let's go roommate." He remarked, still infatuated with the fact that the Joker would be living with him. The teenager rolled his eyes but still managed to laugh.

"Ok then roomie."