Mini part: A Talk Between Inventors

Tails and Y/n were flying in the X-Tornado.

Tails: Look, Y/n, I just have a few things to ask you and you need to be honest.

Y/n: Fine.

Tails: Okay. Is your dad really F/n the Hedgehog?

Y/n looked down.

Y/n: He is.

Tails: That would explain how you're such a good inventor.

Y/n: Yeah, he even told me I could be a scientist like him one day.

Tails: But you're not, you're living the life of a criminal.

Y/n: I know.

Tails: So, why?

Y/n: It none of your dame business.

Tails: I said I wanted the truth.

Y/n: That was the truth, it's none of your business.

Tails: Come on, Y/n.

Y/n: What are you going to do to get me to tell you? Torture? You don't have the balls.

Tails: You're right, I don't have the stones to torture the answers out of you, which is why I wouldn't torture you.

Y/n: Hm?

Tails continued to fly until he landed near a cliff.

Y/n: Why are we here?

Tails: I thought this would be more roomie.

Tails got out.

Tails: Come on.

Y/n got out too and they both sat at the edge where they had a clear few of the moon.

Y/n: Did you just bring me here to watch the moon?

Tails: No, I came here so we could have some space, look, I'm just saying that I get that what happened to you is none of my business.

Y/n: If you're trying to get me to tell you about my past, it's not gonna work.

Tails: Yeah, I know I just want to tell you a few things.

Y/n: Just know, you only have eight minutes left.

Tails: Okay, one thing I want to tell you, is that my real name isn't Tails, it's Miles Prower.

Y/n: And?

Tails: Well lots of people use to pick on me, until I met and became friends with Sonic and the gang and even though you don't acknowledge any of as friends I acknowledge you as mine.

Y/n: Really?

Tails: Yeah, look, we've been through some things since our time together and if all that we've been through doesn't make us friends, it should make us something.

Y/n: I'm still not telling you anything about me.

Tails: Yeah, I get that, I'm saying that I'm sorry for what I said earlier at the stadium and I just hope we can be cool. That is all.

Tails got up and began to walk to the X-Tornado and Y/n just sat at the cliff and sighed.

Y/n: Prower, wait.

Tails stopped walking.

Tails: Huh?

Y/n: You really don't care that I won't tell you anything?

Tails: Well, I care a little, but I understand and I just hope we can be cool.

Y/n: (sigh) You know what? I've only really shared my life story with Knuckles, I'll tell you, too.

Tails: Really?

Y/n: Yes, now sit down before I change my mind.

Tails sat back down and Y/n breathed in and out.

Y/n: It all happened eight years ago on my eight birthday, my Aunt Cathy was at my house when I woke up and she told me my father had to go to the lab early, so he sent her to give me a gift and to tell me to meet him at the lab at lunch and to tell me not to open the box until my father got back home. Than when it was lunch I was walking to my father's lab and when I was reaching near the lab exploded, I picked up the pace, but it was too late, my father had already met his demise. I walked home in shame and I opened his final gift, which was-

Tails: Your bracelets.

Y/n: Bingo. After I witnessed my father's death, I felt like such a failure, so I took that rage out on the people in my village.

Tails: Meaning?

Y/n: I slaughtered everyone, even my Aunt Cathy.

Tails: Really?

Y/n: Yeah, we weren't connected by blood, but she was the closest thing I had to a mother.

Tails: What about your actual mom?

Y/n: I never knew her.

Tails: But you said that the scarf you wear was her's.

Y/n: Yeah, that's what my father told me, but I don't know if it was true or not. Anyways, after I took my rage out I still felt so empty, so I ran and ran and kept taking people's lives away. When I found out about the Chaos Emeralds, I thought I would be able to use them to go back in time and stop my father's death. And that's what happened.

Tails: I'm sorry to hear that.

Y/n: That's all everyone I've told says, but it's always just empty words.

Tails: No, I really mean it, I'm sorry for your loss.

Y/n: It's fine.

Tails: So, does this mean we're cool?

Y/n: I guess so.

Tails: Do you want me to tell the others or...

Y/n: Tell them if you want, just make sure I'm not around and that they don't treat me any different.

Tails: You got yourself a deal, Prower.

Tails: Actually, could you keep calling me Tails? If you don't mind.

Y/n: Sure, let's head back

Tails: Okay.

They both got into the X-Tornado and flew home.

The end of mini part.