S2 Chapter 8: Shadow Knows

A helicopter with a bunch of men were flying above Station Square.

Pilot: Attention, control. We are currently heading south. Suspect is in custody.

Operator: This is control speaking. We've verified your position. Handle suspect carefully. He's a slippery little guy.

They had Sonic in handcuffs.

Man: You're awful quiet.

Sonic: So what?

Man: Well, from what I heard, you caused quite a ruckus over at Prison Island the other night. Now we can't get two words out of ya!

Sonic: Guess I'm not feelin' too chatty.

Man 2: You better watch that smart mouth, hedgehog, or you'll be runnin' laps in a ten-by-nine cell!

Sonic quickly beat the men up, got off his cuffs, and got out of the helicopter.

Sonic: I gotta get the jump on these fly guys.

Pilot: Hey, what do you think you're doin'? Come back!

Sonic took a piece off of the helicopter and jumped off riding the piece like a skate bord and rode up a skate tube and ran off.

Chris was walking with a boy his age.

Boy: Hey, Chris, I heard you come from Station Square.

Chris: Er, yeah.

Boy: Have you ever seen Sonic or Y/n the Hedgehog up close?

Chris: Er, Sonic and Y/n? Well, sorta.

Boy: What are they like? Are they really that fast?

Chris: You bet they're fast! They're faster than anybody. And Sonic's nicer than anybody while Y/n can be a bit mean, he can also be pretty protective.

Boy: Wish I could meet them. Who knows. If we're lucky, maybe we'll both get to meet them some day. Well, I gotta get to class. Later!

Chris: See ya!

The boy ran off.

In a limo.

The President and his woman were discussing important matters.

Woman: Mr. President, it appears our undercover operative has settled into his new mission and will have all of the resources necessary.

President: Good work. And what about the flood?

Woman: Well, sir, I've read the full report over the last few days. There was some damage, but from what I can gather, none of the citizens were harmed in any way.

President: And what about Sonic, is there any new information?

Woman: I'm afraid it doesn't look good. And with a crime of this magnitude, sir, I'm not sure the government should get involved.

President: I don't know. This just doesn't sound like him.

Sam: I agree with you, sir. Sonic would never do such a thing. I think he's been wrongly accused, Mr. President, and I think you should do something about it!

President: Just drive!

Woman: Either way, I don't feel it would look good for us to be involved. We should wash our hands of him.