S3 Chapter 13: Mission: Match up

As the Blue Typhoon was just floating through space Cosmo was looking into space on the bridge until Sonic ran in with a bunch of boxes.

Sonic: Oh! This isn't the cargo hold.

Cosmo: Oh, hi, Sonic.

Sonic: How's it goin', Cosmo?

He ran out.

With Chris and Tails.

They were putting up more artificial palm trees.

Tails: That's the last one!

Chris: I've been mean to ask you... What's the point of having these artificial palm trees? It's not exactly tropical out here in space.

Tails: Yeah, I know. But it's all because of your grandfather. Chunk once told me that it's important to make a ship Like home to keep up the crew's morale.

Chris: Really? His ideas sure are original.

In the engine room

Amy was hammering metal back into shape and Sonic came with the boxes.

Sonic: Hi, Amy. Watch this stuff for me, will ya?

Amy: Wait, Sonic! Uh... Do you think Shadow is okay?

Sonic: Don't worry. He's always making a comeback.

He was about to leave, but stopped.

Sonic: You know, I wouldn't mind a small hug.

Amy: You sure? Okay.

Amy gave Sonic a quick hug, that's when Sonic finally felt how warm her hugs were.

Sonic: That was nice, gotta go.

Sonic ran off.

Amy: Hey! What should I do with this stuff?

Knuckles was on the other side fixing up the machine that connects the Master Emerald to the engine with Cream.

Cream: It's lucky for us you can control the Master Emerald. It along with big brother saved the ship.

Cheese: Chao!

Cream: Do you think that Rouge is going to be okay?

Knuckles: Who cares about that bat? It serves her right for fluttering around where she doesn't belong. Anyway, you doing okay after what happened?

Cream: (sigh) I'm fine. I'm more worried about big brother right now?

Knuckles: I'm sure Chaos, Helen or Star are comforting him as we speak.

With Y/n.

Y/n was in his room, laying on Star's lap while she stroked his quills.

Y/n: How's everything?

Star: It's fine. Worry about yourself for once.

Helen came into the room with a glass of water.

Helen: Is water okay to drink?

Y/n: It's fine.

He took the glass and took a few sips.

Star: So, are ready to talk by chance?

Y/n: (sigh) I feel like I could've done more in that mission. Not only did we lose a member of the crew, we also lost the Emeralds. That mission was all loss, no gain.

Helen: There was nothing you could have done.

Y/n: There was. I could've searched the fortress to check if everyone was out okay. Or I could've had Chaos restrained Shadows so I could take the Emerald Energy from him. I could've-