S2 Chapter 2: A Chaotic Day

Sonic, Y/n, Knuckles, Chris, Chuck, and Big were in the Thorndyke garage enjoying tea.

Sonic: Shouldn't we be out trying to stop Eggman instead of taking a coffee break.

Y/n: Coffee? This is tea.

Sonic: Whatever.

Chuck: I'm hoping that we can put our heads together and unravel the mystery of Eggman's chaos creature.

Y/n: Well, let's review what we know about it so far. It can blast water and use lightning as a type of shield, it becomes bigger and stronger with each Chaos Emerald it consumes, and it's only known weakness is sound based attacks. Not really a lot to go off of.

Knuckles: It's the most powerful thing I've ever seen. We watched it gulp down two Chaos Emeralds like they were candy.

Sonic: They made that thing even stronger.

Chuck: It sounds as if it's going to be a real challenge to defeat this creature.

Knuckles: It will. I knew it would be trouble when I saw it on Angel Island.

Flashback:

Knuckles: (Narrating: After Chaos Control happened, Angel Island was transported into this world. That's where the Master Emerald was, and I guarded it around the clock. One night, a huge bolt of lightning woke me up. This wasn't an ordinary thunderstorm. Something very strange was happening at the summit. I knew the Master Emerald was in danger. But it was too late. And that's when I saw it.)

He went up the stares of the summit and saw Chaos where the Master Emerald was.

End Flashback.

Chris: If the Master Emerald's on Angel Island, why aren't you there now protecting it?

Knuckles: Because it's too late. The Chaos creature made sure of that.

Flashback.

Knuckles: Hey! Who are you?!

Chaos growled and behind it was the broken fragments of the Master Emerald.

Knuckles: What happened to the Master Emerald? Are you the one who destroyed it?

Knuckles attack Chaos but Chaos hit back and melted away.

Knuckles: Wait! Blast. Where did that thing go?

The ground on Angel Island started to shake.

Knuckles: Now what?

The Island began to go down.

Knuckles: The Master Emerald keeps this island hovering in the air, but it can't if it's shattered.

The island land in the ocean.

End flashback.

Chuck: You shouldn't blame yourself for what that creature did, Knuckles.

Chris: Big, when you went looking for Froggy in the forest, didn't you see something that looked like Chaos?

Big mumbled as he remembered what happened.

Big: I tried to catch Froggy, but he was faster than me, and he hopped away with something I found in the forest.

Chris: What was that?

Big: It was a big purple rock. It looked awful pretty when it was glowing.

Chris: That sounds like it could have been a Chaos Emerald.