Mini Part: Sick Day

Y/n was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

Y/n: Where are Cream and Cheese? Apart from that one time, they're never late to a meeting and we're supposed to go over something important.

Chaos came from the left bracelet.

Chaos: I hope she isn't dealing with depression. She was pretty sad about Emerl's loss.

Cream ran to Y/n who quickly noticed her red face.

Cream: I'm... (pant) I'm here.

Y/n: Cream, why are you so out of breath? Our house isn't that far. And why is your face so red?

Cream: I uh, did some laps around the house before I came here, and it is pretty hot today.

Y/n: You're not sounding too convincing. And where's Cheese.

Cheese came out of nowhere and started shouting.

Cheese: Chao, chao, chao! Chao, chao, chao!

Y/n: What's he saying?

Cream: He's saying um, we quickly needed to get to training!

Chaos: Actually, he's saying, "Cream, what are you doing? You need to be resting!"

Y/n: Cream, what aren't you telling me?

Cream: Uh...

Y/n walked to Cream and placed his hand on her head.

Y/n: You have a fever.

Cream: Is that what that is?

Y/n: Have you told your mother?

Cream: Well, no.

Y/n: (sigh) We're taking you home.

Y/n picked her up.

Cream: But-

Y/n: No buts. You shouldn't be training sick and you definitely shouldn't hide this from your mother.

He ran Cream back to the house.

Later.

Cream was laying on her bed and Vanilla was putting a wet rag over her head.

Vanilla: Are you feeling any better?

Cream: A little.

Y/n walked with some bread and a bowl of soup.

Y/n: All right, uncle is out with Chaos to get the herb you need for your fever, Cream.

He placed the tray in front of her.

Y/n: While we're waiting for them, care to explain why you didn't tell your mother or anybody you were sick?

Vanilla: I'm interested to know, too.

Cream: Well, you said today's meeting was important so I couldn't let a fever stop me.

Y/n: Well, I'm sorry I made you feel my needs were more important than your health. We can postpone the meeting when you're better. So, get comfortable. You're going to be here awhile.

Cream: Okay.

One week later.

Cream was feeling better, but...

Y/n sneezed into a tissue as it seems the fever got to him. Beside him were Cream and Chaos.

Chaos: You take care of a little rabbit and look how the world rewards you.

Y/n: Not now, Chaos.

Y/n looked at Cream.

Y/n: Kid, if you want to play go ahead.

Cream: I won't hear it. You took care of me when I was sick, so now it's my turn. Chaos, do me a favor and see if we have anymore of that elixir.

Chaos: From the herd? Sure.

Chaos left them and Cream fluffed Y/n's pillow.

Cream: Get comfortable, we're going to be here for awhile.

Y/n: What...

Cream: Huh?

Y/n: What did I deserve to meet such a great person like you?

He patted her head.

Cream: I ask myself that anytime I think you're being good.

Y/n: But here's the difference between you and me. I'm okay, but you are too good for me.

Cream: Oh, you. Just rest.

She smiled wide and that made Y/n grow redder.

Cream: Oh, no! I think your fever is getting worse!

Y/n: Uh, yeah. That's what it is.

Cream thought for a moment and then got an idea. She hugged Y/n's head and began to hum a lullaby.

Y/n: (Thinking: She's singing to me? Haven't had that happen to me in years. But it still has the same hypnotic effect.)

He fell asleep and Cream laid him down with a smile on her face. At that moment, Chaos came back.

Chaos: Good news, there's still have a haif bottle of-

Cream: Sheesh. He's asleep.

Chaos: Oh, what did you do to make that happen so fast?

Cream: A lullaby my mother use to sing to me when I was a baby.

Chaos: If you joined that tournament, Y/n would've definitely lost.

The end of Mini Part.