S3 Chapter 8: Trick Sand

Chris and Y/n were asleep and were having a dream about images of Shadow around the red Chaos Emerald.

Y/n/Chris: Shadow.

Shadow: It's useless. I made a promise to Maria and I'm keeping it.

Chris: Shadow, getting revenge won't bring Maria back.

Shadow: So what?

Chris: There's still time to stop this, Shadow. Please, you have to listen to me.

Sonic, Y/n and Shadow in their super forms used their power to stop the colony with great difficulty. As they were doing this, they all heard the encouraging words from their friends.

Tails: You can do it, Sonic!

Eggman: Give it all you've got, Shadow!

Chaos: Don't stop now, Y/n!

Rouge: If you fail, the entire planet will be destroyed!

Knuckles: Tough it out, you guys!

Shadow heard Maria's voice.

Maria: Shadow! Those people need you, Shadow.

Shadow: I am Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog!

Shadow's rings flew off of his wrist and more Chaos Energy emitted from him and at that moment, Y/n remember a brief conversation he had with his father.

Y/n: Father, I've always wondered why you held the people of Mobius if some of them are responsible for nearly wiping out our clan.

F/n: Well, son, even though they did wrong it wouldn't be right to take revenge on them. We prove that we're better. So, I want you to promise me right now that you will never forget that you are Y/n Thunderhog, the hope for the Thunderhog Clan's survival and someone who will help the Mobians.

Y/n: I promise, Father.

Y/n snapped back into reality.

Y/n: And I am Y/n Thunderhog!

Silver lightning surrounded Y/n's body.

Shadow: You both ready?

Y/n: Born ready!

Sonic: You bet! Here we go!

The hedgehogs emitted bright lights of gold and silver as Y/n froz the colony with his lightning.

Shadow: Chaos...

Y/n: Thundering...

Sonic: Control!

Sonic and Shadow shot Chaos Control at the colony which made a bright flash happen.

Chris: Where's Shadow?

Y/n: We couldn't find him after the blast. All we could find were these.

They pulled out their hands which each had one of Shadow's rings.

Chris took the ring Sonic had and a single tear landed on it. Y/n offered his ring to Chris.

Y/n: Wanna complete the set?

Chris: No. I have a feeling if Shadow was here, he would want you to have it.

Y/n: Thank you, Chris.

An alarm went off in both Chris and Y/n's rooms which lead to them waking up.

Chris: What's going on, Tails?

Tails: Chris, come to the bridge right away! I think we found another one.

Chris: Okay, I'll be right there. Man, that sure was a weird dream.