S2 Chapter 13: Defective Detectives

Big was laying down with Froggy ribbiting and the multiple colors falling from the sky.

Big: Hey, Froggy. It sure is a nice day.

He looked up at the sky and saw a huge white light.

Big: Whoa. That's pretty!

At the White house.

Woman: There've been five confirmed reports so far, Mr. President.

She was showing the President pictures of small houses in trees or on other buildings.

Woman: It seems that most of the buildings have landed in parts of the city closest to Mystic Ruin.

President: Great. And what about all the creatures they found inside?

The images switched to a bunch of little animals like the gang all bunched up like a squirrel, a pig, and three Flickies

Woman: The bird like ones are known as "flickies," sir.

President: And I'm assuming they all come from the same world as you, Y/n.

He turned to Y/n who got his scarf back and Shadow's ring was on his left wrist, but had bandages wrapped all around the places he was burned.

Y/n: They would be correct, Mr. President.

President: Hmm. What do you think, Professor Thorndyke?

He turned to Chuck and Chris.

Chuck: Definitely.

President: I see. Now, then, I'm sure you must be wondering why I asked you and your grandson here this afternoon.

Chuck: You're worried about the arrival of these creatures. And you're thinking you need to separate them from humans. Your concerned there'll be trouble two such different species unless they're... dealt with.

Woman: We wish we didn't have to. It's just-

Chuck: Don't apologize. We understand your situation completely.

Rouge, Knuckles, Y/n and Chaos were having a discussion on a roof top of a building.

Rouge: Have you heard a couple of more friends from back home dropped in? Seems every day is like a regular reunion around here. Course, if too many of us start showin' up, the humans aren't gonna be too happy. They'll probably decide we're dangerous and round us all up. Imagine us together... 24/7. My! I wonder what that'd be like. Don't either of you?

Knuckles blushed really hard.

Knuckles: (blushing) Get this straight! I'd rather live in solitary confinement than with you!

Y/n: Members of Team Chaos aren't supposed to snap at each other, Knuckles.

Knuckles: Right. Sorry.

Rouge: Don't get so defensive, sweetie! I'm only saying that the authorities won't like our kind around. Believe me, I don't like the idea of being locked up anymore than you do. I should've realized that the welcome mat wouldn't be out forever.

Knuckles: Yeah. Too good to be true. One day they love us because we're unique, and the next day, we're in jail because we're different. Well, they won't take me without a fight.

Y/n: Don't worry. I talked to the President about instead of locking us in solitary confinement, they'll put us in a secluded part of town to live in so it won't disturb anybody. And if anything bad happens, I told him that we, Team Chaos would be on it.