Chapter 1

SAANCHI

I finally got rid of my jump suit, tied my long hair into a messy bun, switched into my comfy Pajamas and now I removed the pricky lens and wore my glasses on. There!!! I was into my real avatar!!!

'You are my bestie indeed! We are made for each other Chichi!!! #NerdsForever' Aahir's words ringed in my ears and I giggled to myself. I love him.

Examining edges of my black rimmed rectangular glasses realising they need a replacement soon I began to remove my make up.

Cleansing Toning Moisturizing!!!
Not my thing but when you start hitting a certain age you ought to oblige to all this!!

So was I...Obliging to it!!!

And there I was finally off all the makeup. I took a close look of my skin and noticed a few pimples and aging marks. I smiled.

I was turning 29 in next few months!!!

'Saanchi I think it's time that we see you as well getting married! I mean look at your parents they are so worried that you always say no to proposals. I heard nowadays you don't get those many proposals as you used to get in your early twenties!!! After all age is also a factor na and then it's so tough to have babies after you cross the 30+ age border. I mean look around, almost all your cousins are married now! I mean look at Neiyat she's younger than you and she already has a 5 year old daughter!!! When are you marrying Saanchi???' asked a random aunty at the birthday party. And I took a sip of juice from my glass.

I am used to these questions now!!!

'Our Sanchi was been rewarded the 'Young achievers Award' few months ago for her immense dedication and hardwork during the COVID times and her interview was also telecasted on national TV recently. I mean she's not even a year old here in Bangalore and she's already making great name for herself. Sehgal Hospitals is proud to have a senior gynaecologist like her Mrs Singh. Unfortunately many don't see a woman beyond marriage and babies! Sad!!!' my aunt and my best friend's mother Aaru aunty spoke up pulling me into a side hug. I smiled at her.

She has been the mother to me when I was alone in Sydney. If not for her and Aahir I would have not been able to stay in a different country and a completely different environment that easily specially after the mess I was when I left India 10 years ago.

'Ohhh by the way I heard your son was arrested recently about some domestic voilence case in Mumbai. My daughter Lavanya is a celebrity na!!! Heard it from her. Is it true Mrs Singh???' said my another aunt and a family friend Malu aunty.

Mrs Singh simply twisted her face and left from there without a word.

'Learn to speak your heart darling! This world is a cruel place...it will eat you up!!!' Malu aunty said firmly and I smiled.

'She is a no one to me Malu aunty. I don't care what she thinks or says. What opinion she has about me or my personal life. I pity her and don't worry these petty folks don't matter to me!' I said and Malu aunty smiled saying

'Indeed you are just like your mother. Damnnnn I miss Musky!!!! When is she coming????' she whined and I chuckled saying

'I don't know! But they said Riya Pachi (aunty) is doing much better now!!! Thankfully it was just a minor attack! Aahir had also spoken to the Doctor in Dhaulpur who was treating her!!!' I said taking another sip of my juice.

'Where exactly is this Dhaulpur?' asked Malu aunty again.

'Punjab!!!' I said

'Woahhh!!! I mean i really don't get it! Riya could have stayed in Mangalore or Bangalore and managed the business...I mean here there is her brother Aarav, her parents Siya aunty and Raghav uncle, her sister in law Muskaan...I mean everyone from the business field and still she preferred to go there and slog alone why on earth!!!' Malu aunty asked