Chapter 48

SAANCHI

Initially I thought Nishchay was being silly. I had noticed his possessiveness when Jassi and I became friends. I had also noticed the way he was trying to keep himself a step ahead of Aahir. Honestly it made my heart flutter. It gave me a silly stupid hope that maybe someday Nishchay would also fall in love with me but never in my wildest thoughts did I think this would take such an ugly turn.

I kept looking at him as those words still kept ringing in my ears. After I poured my heart in front of him, after I confessed multiple times what I felt about him, after accepting him with the fact that he may never really fall in love with me like I did, after dedicating my entire life to one man he says this???

I was hurt. I was disappointed. I was broken.

I kept looking at him and then I asked him
'Do you really think Nishchay that I can have something for Aahir or any other man ever? I have been staying with you for months. It's been more than 7 months to our marriage now!!! And I don't even know how many years of friendship ours is Nishchay...This is all you know me? Really?' I said while he kept staring at me.

I wiped a tear that rolled down my cheek and said
'I don't want to give you any kind of an explanation! Think whatever you want!!!' saying I started leaving the room when he shouted

'Obviously!!! Who am I to get your explanation!!! Correct? You...your bond with that man doesn't look like friendship Saanchi...He...he got your tampons...clothes...un...un undergarments.. which friend knows the size of your bra and panty??? I am your husband and I don't know all this...how does he know all this? There is a limit for every friendship!!! I've also been your friend before being your husband...I don't know these details...and come on Saanchi...we all understand when do friends know these details about each other!!! What is it? You both had a fling in the past??? Or was it so serious that his mother wanted you both to marry??? What am I missing here Saanchi??? Tell!!!' he shouted and my eyes filled with fresh angry tears

'You have always missed upon things Nishchay Mehra!!! You always missed it! You missed to understand my feelings for you and fell for another girl, once you fell for her you completely forgot your friend...but I didn't blame you because I understand love...I was in love...

Ofcourse not the rosy love that you and Sudeshna had for each other. My love was rather painful. Because it was one sided. It only gave me pain Nishchay and you know what at times pain, hurt, sadness hits an extent that you don't have any hopes left in life. It's called depression. I was in depression after I discovered you kissing someone else in the terrace space where we locked lips for the first time.

We were kids then..it was silly but after you kissed someone else that void never left me. I left Dhaulpur...I left Punjab...I went to Mangalore but looks like family can read your eyes enough...My grandfather understood something was broken inside me...I was sent to Bangalore to have a change of environment...but when nothing helped..
It was Aahir's mother who understood I needed help. She suggested that I do my MBBS in Sydney. That's when I met my cousin Aahir. My uncle Keshav and team may have treated me with my depression but it was Aahir who brought me out of it. My routines were changed, we went trekking hiking and places close to nature. We began hanging out together. Yes he knows every private thing about me because we were that close...we are that close and we will always remain that way.

He is the reason I am living this life. He is my inspiration and my best friend Nishchay. He isn't that friend who only claims to be your bestie...he is my bestie. You are also my best friend but Nishchay he never left my side once he had other people in his life.' I said and Nishchay looked guilty.

'I wasn't REPLACED in his life Nishchay.' I said and then Nishchay couldn't face me.

'I don't want to replace anything or anyone in your life Nishchay. But let's be honest...Sudeshna replaced me in your life. You forgot me once she came into your life. It hurts but it's the truth. But I don't blame you because you said you were having a crush on me and Sudeshna helped you get over me and that she was your love.

But Nishchay can you keep your hand on your heart and say that Sudeshna also had the same helping nature throughout? That she didn't get selfish and come in between us.??

Come on just answer one question...if Sudeshna wasn't a part of your life would you have gotten over me? We may have fought and ignored each other but we would end up together.

Friends don't be selfish Nishchay. Friends are not opportunists...friends heal you!!!

Sudeshna maybe your love but she wasn't your true friend. There is no selfishness in friendship.

Yes you are my best friend but no.

Our bond can never be like Aahir and mine!

That's the purity in mine and Aahir's friendship. He is my saviour. And no he is not my brother. Two people of different sexes can be friends. Aahir and I are...

Two people who are friends from different sexes need not always fall in love. The typical bollywood masala doesn't make sense.

This is all I can say...

No I don't want to justify how pure our bond is...how honest our friendship is... because it is like defaming mine and Aahir's bond so feel free to think any rubbish...But I'm not explaining anything.' saying I walked out of the room when Kyra came to me saying

'Mumma...Hungry hungry!!!' and I smiled and kissed my daughter's forehead. She is the only reason why I don't want the past to change. Sudeshna and Nishchay gave me my Kyra and I will not change that for anything.

NISHCHAY

I sat thinking for hours together about all that Saanchi kept telling. She went through hell and back because of me. How I could go back and correct my mistakes. How could I leave Saanchi alone??? I was never there for her during her worst which she faced in a way because of me.

I walked into the kitchen, the entire house was silent. Maybe she and Kyra slept early. I made myself a cup of tea when I heard a phone ringing. I noticed it was Saanchi's mobile kept on the kitchen rack. Maybe she forgot it here. The name flashing burnt my insides. It read...

Riri calling...

I didn't want to pick the call but then I still picked it up but to my utter surprise I heard Aahir saying

'Hi Nishchay...I wanted to talk to you... Please don't disconnect the call. I know you don't like me but you must know Saanchi and your daughter isn't in Dhaulpur.' he said and I'm shocked.

'Wha... what do you mean?' I ran and checked the rooms and both rooms were empty. I was getting scared now. Are they ok??? Shit!!! I'm sorry Saanchi...I am an idiot... Please be safe...

'Relax Nishchay!!! Saanchi and Kyra are here in Bangalore. I guessed she must have had a fight with you, the reason why inspite of me denying and arranging a private jet, she took a flight to Bangalore. Don't worry both of them are safe and sound. But Saanchi is very upset.

What happened? Anything serious???' he asked and I clenched my jaw.

'Its our personal matter!!! You don't need to rejoice. My Saanchi is innocent. You may be the best man on earth. You helped her when I like a selfish creature forgot her...I know you did a lot for her but that doesn't mean you can get Saanchi now. She is mine!!! Only mine!!!'

To which Aahir burst out laughing saying
'Reaaaaaallly??? Only yours??? Like a friend huhh?' he asked and I fisted my fingers saying

'As a wife...as a lover...as a life partner!!! She loves me!!!' I shouted

'Hmmmmm...she does??? But you don't love her na? But heyyyy I love her. And I can do anything for her. So I have decided I am going to give her a complete family which you could never give her till now. I am going to give what's missing in Saanchi's life!!! Love!!! I am going to give her the 'love' of her life!!!'

'I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR THROAT You stupid doctor!!! Stay away from my wife!!! She is mine!!!' I shouted like a mad man

'Well in that case...I will send you our house address..Stop me if you can!!!' saying he disconnected the call.

I grit my teeth. I am not letting anyone take away my Saanchi! She is mine! Only mine!

No Aahir Sehgal can take her away from me.

Bangalore...here I come...Saanchi this time I'm not letting you go... NEVER!!!