Chapter 23

NISHCHAY

Her announcement left me stupified. I didn't have a counter response to that. It took me a few more minutes to grasp what she just said. I kept looking at her face which looked tired and angry at the same time. I gulped and took a deep breath.

'Saanchi do you have any idea what that means??? I am a married man!!! I have a daughter and-'

'Sudeshna is no more Nishchay!!!'

'Not for me Saanchi!!! She is still alive for me here in my heart and you being my bestie the least I expect you to understand my emotions!!!' I said while she looked at me for a few minutes. Our eyes were staring at each other's face silently. Then she suddenly said

'I don't think I can stay away from Kyra. She is special for me. Don't seperate her from me Nishchay. I don't know how and when this bond strengthened between me and her. I feel very protective for her. I really want to be her mother' she said as tears rolled down her cheeks

I hated to see tears in her eyes. I cupped her cheeks and whispered...

'You cannot be with Kyra forever Saanchi. Listen... understand! This is a phase...it will also pass...you are right now at that age gap where every girl wants to get married, have babies and you will also go through all that and listen to me...once you have your own children you wouldn't even miss Kyra...I am not seperating you from Kyra I'm just trying to keep both your hearts safe.

When you will get married...you will also have your own babies and you may forget Kyra or maybe once Kyra grows up and knows the truth about Sudeshna being her birth mother she might ignore you... instead why all this mess.

In another year... honestly in another 8-10 months she would start going to school. Her mind will have hundred new things to process, new friends, new environment...she will forget everything... and so will you when you get married to Jassi you wi-'

But she immediately shouted...
'And who the hell told you I will marry Jassi???' I was shocked seeing her rage.

'Just because I met him, my aunt and my parents wanted me to go out with him and just because I had a few coffees with him he doesn't turn out to become my potential husband Nishchay.

There is much more than just good looks, success, money in this world. Jassi is a great guy but the bond I share with Kyra is something I can quit the world for!!! I can give up everything for her. You think that she might forget me once she grows up and wants to adore Sudeshna...I will never let that happen because I will make her know Sudeshna was her birth mother when she will grow up. There is nothing wrong if a child is blessed with more than one mother. Even my Kuladev (Family God) Lord Krishna had two mothers Nishchay.. Devaki and Yashoda. Now Lord Krishna was born out of Mother Devaki and was raised by Mother Yashoda but Lord still adores both his mothers. He didn't abandon anyone. Infact he loved every mother who gave him love. It's all about upbringing Nishchay.

Even after all this if she doesn't want me I will accept that too.

And...if you fear that my love for Kyra will divert when I have children of my own. For having Kyra in my life I can sacrifice anything in my life. Even if it means to have my own babies!!!' she said and my lips parted. To say I was shocked was a very small word. I was speechless, shaken...stumped.

'Yes Nishchay! If not having babies of my own is the price of having Kyra in my life. I'm ready to pay that price too. I will never have my own children EVER!!!' she said and I didn't have an answer to this.

Silence consumed the room and we both looked at each other. I understood her emotions. I had seen her bond with Kyra. Day after day they both were getting possessive for each other. Their attachment was growing. Kyra would eat, play, sleep with Saanchi and I had seen them as nothing less than a mother and a daughter but the fact that just for Kyra's happiness or her love for my daughter I can't spoil her life. She is what 28...29???