Chapter 29

NISHCHAY

'This is for you Saanchi... Nishchay's mother sent it to you!!!' Mumma said and I looked elsewhere.

I didn't understand why Akshar informed them about my marriage. They never cared. This was their way of sending love to me. And I didn't want their 'gifted' love.

'Mumma...you need not have to get this co-ordinated with Akshar. You know I don't like to take things from them both.'

To which Mumma kept a hand on my shoulder and said
'It's their right and their duty both Nishchay. You may cut yourself from relationships but in reality you never can. And by the way your parents were very happy for you both' she said and Saanchi smiled.

I didn't care.

She opened the both which flashed a designer silk saree along with a filthy expensive diamond necklace.

'Aunty this is too much! I.... I can't take it' Saanchi said trying to give it back to Mumma.

'Good! She doesn't need those. I can buy things for my wife.' I told Mumma and suddenly I realised the way I addressed her.

Wife!!! Wow!! That escalated fast I guess!!! Saanchi looked elsewhere but that's when Mumma said

'Shagun he Puttarji (It's a good omen son!!!) It's a blessing from your parents. And honestly if Saanchi can take the gifts I have her...Then these are from her in-laws. I don't want you to interfere here Nishu. It's her choice about how she wants to build her relationship with her in-laws. Don't interfere!!!' she strictly said and Saanchi slowly accepted the gifts.

Mumma slowly walked towards me and Saanchi and asked us to bend to her height. She was shorter than both of us. She put on her glasses and cupped both our faces with a hand each and smiled with tears in her eyes saying

'Today I feel I can happily go back to Chandigarh without any fear. My Kyra is now blessed with both her parents. Thank you bacchon (children).' saying she smiled while tears rolling down her eyes and she slowly kissed mine and Saanchi's foreheads.

'I am going back to Chandigarh tonight!' she said and we both were shocked.

'Mumma you know there is going to be a lockdown!!!' I tried stopping her. I wasn't ready to let her go. Call me selfish but her presence here in this house made me much more confident. Without her presence how am I going to manage everything???

Saanchi and I??? Damn no!!! That's going to be tough.

'Exactly Nishchay. Before the lockdown I want to reach home. There are a lot of responsibilities. I heard schools are going digital. It's going to be online classes. I will have a lot of responsibilities. And anyways I think you both must give each other some space. Learn to adapt towards each other.'

'But aunty...just another few-' Saanchi tried to request her again but Mumma was quick saying

'I am not going to be a fishbone to the newly weds. Learn to accept and live with each other as my children. I expect Kyra to soon have some siblings. Make my Gammy again!!!' she said embarrassing Saanchi and me.

Soon Mehek came to Mumma saying
'Everything is done aunty!!! And here your bag is also packed. Your train is at 8:30pm...I think we must leave now' and Mumma tapped her cheeks muttering a quick 'Thank you Puttar'.

Before leaving the house Mehek said
'Ummm Nishchay...Kyra was very tired so she slept along with Sufi at my place. I will bring her tomorrow morning along with breakfast for you both. Don't bother cooking. Just.... enjoy yourselves' saying she winked at us and before I could say a word she closed the door leaving Saanchi and me all alone in my 3bhk house.