Chapter 14

SAANCHI

'Take care of yourself!!! And take care of Pacchi as well ok??' he said and I nodded.
Sacchu Anna was going back home today. I would miss him but dad needs him. Also he is the one who can travel countries unlike dad who's getting older.

Just when I was bidding him bye at the door another door next to our home opened and Nishchay stood at the door staring at my brother. Not once did Anna go to meet Nishchay. I don't know why. They were such good friends and I never understood what happened between them that screwed up their friendship so bad.

Anna didn't even spare him a look and picked his suitcase and just when he was about to leave Nishchay said

'Ghar nahi aayega??? (Won't you come home?)'

My brother's footsteps halted when Nishchay walked closer to him and kept a hand on his shoulder. I could notice how Sacchu Anna's body stiffened.

'Wouldnt you wanna meet your niece atleast?' and Anna looked at Kyra who stood at the door hugging her minion toy. Anna nodded and Nishchay smiled.

I saw my brother going to Nishchay's house so I simply walked downstairs to carry his luggage to be loaded into his car. They took about 30 min and then I noticed Sacchu Anna carrying Kyra in his arms alongside was Nishchay following them. They for a change looked happy. Like the good old friends they were.

My brother offered Kyra a chocolate from his car and the little one blushed and hid her face in Nishchay's neck and that's when Imran said

'And the new entry into Kyra's crush club!!! Here we go!!!' while I was amused but I pressed to lips hard to not smile.

I thought everything was sorted between Nishchay and my brother but when Nishchay offered to hug my brother but my brother stopped him with his palm is when I realised not everything that's broken can be mended. How I wish I knew what was the reason for my brother's anger towards him.

He kissed my forehead and said
'Eat well Chinnu...If I see you thinner than this trust me I'm going to feed you till you choke next time!!!' my brother threatened me while I chuckled and nodded a 'OK'.

We waved him a goodbye post which when I was about to leave I almost had a cardiac arrest because Nishchay stood infront of me. I was shocked.

'I ....wanted to thank you!!!' he said and I was shocked, amused and confused.

He

Out of all...

He!!!

Is talking to me...that too politely. I pinched myself only to confirm if I was dreaming!!! But no!!! Mr Nishchay Mehra was talking to me in person...Wow!!!

'I....Ummm...I have fired Cynthia. I.... noticed Kyra's forearm. It had gone blue. That bitc-... That lady...had pinched my princess so hard that there is still a blue mark visible. So I spoke to her and she told me everything, how she was always on phone, how she served Kyra the same good for breakfast and lunch and if there's nothing she would give her bread or maggii. My child hasn't eaten well since days due that bitc-...,that woman!!!'

'She was not a bitch!!! A bitch protects it's pups...She was a selfish creature. I am glad Kyra is safe from people like her!!!' I said and then followed a pin drop silence. Neither he spoke nor did I.

We boarded the lift when Kyra was talking to me and strangely Nishchay didn't stop me. I was surprised. I felt like I must talk to him. We reached the floor and he was about to walk away when I called out

'Nishchay...I wanted to talk-'

'Saanchi!!! I appreciate you protecting my daughter but I am sorry I can't forget how you weren't there for me during my worst. You were the only doctor who saved lives with the pulmonary embolism those days. You had a hundred percent track record Saanchi but unfortunately you weren't there to save your best friend's wife. Heck you did not even pick my call!!! I can't forget that! So....you can be neighbour...my colleague...my daughter's friend too but not my friend. NEVER my friend again!!!' saying he slammed the door of his house and I was heart broken.