Chapter 46

NISHCHAY

The sound coming from the coffee machine brewing the fresh cup of capuchino was still not able to take my mind away from what I saw in the doctor's cabin. I couldn't stand there any longer and I simply walked into the staff pantry to get myself a strong cup of coffee. I was irritated.

'Ssssssaaaahhh!!!'

Shit!!! The hot coffee spills upon my fingers bringing me back from my thoughts and that's when I hear their voice again.

'Areyyyy come...I'll make you your special kinda tea Chichi!!! Please smile sweetie...you know I can't see you like this!!! And trust me Pacchi is fine...And I'm here na...I'll take care of everything!!! Now come...let me make you your favourite tea!!!' I heard him say and I closed my eyes. Although not willing to interrupt I still spoke up...it's like my tongue had its own brain...

'Saanchi doesn't drink tea! She prefers coffee!!!' saying I added a spoonful of sugar and stirred it and offered Saanchi

Saanchi was shocked. The man next to me narrowed his eyebrows and kept looking at Saanchi and me...and then said

'Hmmmm introductions please!!!'

Saanchi looked at him and then looked at me and said

'Ummmm Nishchay...This is Aahir...My cousin and my-'

'Her best friend!!!' he added pulling her into a side hug. Saanchi smiled nervously but my eyes darted upon his hand which was lying carelessly on my wife's shoulder. I wonder if doctors can perform a surgery with one hand. Looks like he doesn't like having two hands!!!

'And Aahir this is Nishchay...my'

And before Saanchi could complete the statement, I pulled her by her forearm towards me and she almost crashed into my chest. I sneaked my hand into her waist and looked into the man's eyes confidently and spoke up looking directly into Saanchi's eyes

'Husband! I am her loving husband!!! Right sweetheart?' and her eyes were ready to pop out of the sockets.

'Ohhhh so you are Nishchay Mehra!!! Nice meeting you Mister Mehra!!! I am Dr Aahir Mihir Sehgal' he said showing his sparkling teeth. I would love to break them and give some business to our hospital's dental department.

'You must have heard about me from Saanchi...I am her best friend!!!' he added offering a hand shake. I casually shook his hand saying

'Never!!! Never heard about you!!! Mister Shahir!!!' I said and he narrowed his eyebrows again and looked at Saanchi

'Aahir it is!!! But that's strange...I mean Chichi cannot live without talking about me...you know I and Chich-'

'Excuse me...are we talking about a rat here???'

'Rat nooo...'

'Then what's a Chichi ...I mean I wouldn't even name my pet rat like that!!!' I said and soon I felt Saanchi yank away my hand off her waist and raise an eyebrow saying

'Chichi is the nickname Aahir has given me!!! And I think it's cute!!!' she says in a challenging tone but I take a step closer to her and again grab her by her waist making her breath hitch and I whisper onto her face

'You are NOT cute Mrs Mehra!!! You are everything but cute!!! And nickname...' I take a step closer and whisper in her ears while she's already looking so flushed...'I will tell you what nickname suits you once we go home? Okay??? And for the rest of them...they don't need to give 'MY WIFE' a nickname...Its Mrs Mehra for everyone else!!! Understood Mister Bahir!!!'

'Its Aahir!!! And I dont mind calling her Mrs Mehra...Mr Nishchay!!! It's just that these nicknames were chosen by your wife herself!!! I call her Chichi and she calls me Riri!!!' he says and Saanchi gives him a blushing smile.