Chapter 3

NISHCHAY

'This....this...is fuc...I mean...this is bloody unbelievable!!! Hhhow can I...Nishu...you...you must believe me! I really had no idea about this bro!! Trust me' Aniketh said as I kept smoking a cigarette.

'Bloody... listen here.... don't suck that cancer bud!!! Chad De (leave it)' saying Aniketh offered me a cup of tea while I kept staring at the vehicles passing by.

Anger was bubbling up inside me. I closed my eyes but I felt my veins popping. I had this mad urge to do something. I had to vent out.

I crushed the hot cup of tea while Aniketh's eyes widened and in one go he held my hands and poured a glass of water on it. I could hear him blabbering something but I was feeling hot from within. I dug my nails into my palm and tried to count one to ten. I wanted to smash someone's face. The heat inside my body was increasing. I tried to unbutton first two buttons of my shirt and tried taking deep breaths. But my chest alone was heaving. I was trying... keyword 'TRYING!!!'

'Nishu...Calm down...Drink some water' Aniketh kept a glass of water near my lips. But I simply pushed it away.

'I am resigning!!!' I said and Aniketh looked shocked.

I pulled out my phone and logged into my company mail app and logged into the resignation portal and there..I clicked the resign button.

6 years 3 months of service ends here!!!

'Nishu atleast think befo-' that statement didn't complete as I shot Aniketh a look and he simply nodded.

'You are my reporting manager! I have told you before I resign! Process completed!!!' saying I walked across the street and bought myself a plate full of Bhature and Pindi Chole (Bread and chickpeas curry) and began eating. Anger increases my hunger. I went on eating and it is only after 5 Bhature I felt better.

Aniketh was still standing on the other side of the road waiting for me. I calmed down a little. I felt bad for him. He was a genuine friend. I called out loudly....

'They are very tasty...you don't wanna eat?' but Aniketh had a very dull face. He didn't look at me. Guilt washed over my anger. I paid the roadside vendor for the Chole Bhature and walked towards Aniketh. He was still looking elsewhere when I pulled him into a tight hug.

He froze. I smiled and congratulated him for his promotion.

'I am happy for you Ani...this means a better package... which came at the right time. You are engaged, soon getting married...this will be a great benefit to you! And you deserve it' I smiled but he shot me a look saying

'No I don't! And you know it Nishu! You deserved this but Lathika... I'm telling you she did all this because the other day you denied to slee-'

'That is enough Aniketh! I am happy for you and let's end it there and about me. I have resigned. Anyways I'm a HR and not a senior HR. That means my notice period is still one month. I have leaves which I will convert into bargaining which means ten days of working and I will be out from WorldCorp!!!' I said firmly.

'Nishu your package is now beyond 25 lakhs which means as per company policies you step into 3 months of non negotiable notice period!!! I am sorry' Aniketh said and I was beyond angry now.

'And when did these policies change?' I asked Aniketh firmly and he looked elsewhere saying 'Management decision!' and I was pissed.

'I would need to have a skip level meeting with my boss's boss! I want to talk to Mr Khanna and Miss Lathika!' I said and Aniketh nodded.