Chapter 7

SAANCHI

'Thanks for the hospital tour Mehek!!!' I thanked Mehek as she gave me a tour of Prabhu Group of Hospitals. Riya Pacchi had developed the hospital to be a high tech one. Mehek told me there wasn't one of this kind in 5 towns around us and with such a big hospital in the town which had the only shock revival equipments making it the best emergency ward across cities was actually a matter of pride.

'Above all Riya aunty also has helped many poor and needy via this hospital and then gave them jobs in the estate too!!!' she said sipping her coffee.

I slowly turned around and took a look at the mustard plantations that were visible from the terrace of the hospital cafeteria. The other side of the fields had wheat growing.

'They are beautiful aren't they?' Mehek asked. I smiled.

'Hmm they are!!! I don't know how was pacchi even managing all this! Hospital..estates .. how?' I was wondering when Mehek smiled saying

'She did it for the people Saanchi. We hear that big shots do charity and give interview but your aunt...she gave opportunities to people. She didn't give them easy money. She taught them to fish. The reason why Riya Prabhu is respected so much in the town today' Mehek said

'Hmm well indeed...but I have noticed the account Mehek. It's a mess!' I said. It indeed was. The man managing the accounts would go searching for each file in old cup boards and would not even have last month's bank statements.

'The man is old Saanchi. He is doing his best!!!' she said

'I am not blaming Mehek. But the fact is that there must be a administrator, a management representative to look into everything closely' I said sipping my coffee

'You can! You are a doctor!!' she said

I narrowed my eyebrows.

'Exactly Mehek! I'm a doctor. I do deliveries, I peep into vagina and give advices about when to and when not to fuck but I don't look into accounts, sheets and those statements!!! I hate them all!' I said cringing over it.

'Gosh your hatred for maths is still alive huhhh!!!' Mehek chuckled

'Dont ask! The only reason why I chose to become a doctor and not an engineer is I didn't want these stupid numbers running in my head!!!' I said firmly

'Goshhh how are you even managing to be the president of the apartment. So many responsibilities!!!' she said with a quirky smile and I looked elsewhere.

'Stop there Mehek! I know what you are doing! Don't forget he is married and also has a child!' and just when Mehek was about to say something I got a call from mom.

I knew this was coming! Gosh I don't want to meet the Lotas!!!

'And this is Saanchi...Saanchi this is Mr and Mrs Lotha.' Riya Pacchi introduced me and I forced a smile on my lips.

'You are beautiful Puttarji (child)...but you must also meet our Karry...he is so handsome...you know during college days every other girl wanted to date my son but Karry was....'

And after 2 hours of 'Jai Jai Karry' I was pissed.

'Pacchi...where is her stop button? Please tell her I don't want to write a book on her son. Another time she says Karry...I promise you ..I will either stuff the kulcha in her mouth or jump off the roof right away!' I was annoyed which Riya Pacchi pressed her lips tightly yet glared at me. I rolled my eyes.

'You know Beta (child) my Karry-' she was about to go on another roller coaster of 'Adventures of Karry' when I stopped her saying

'Ummm Aunty...I think it's best if I meet him personally and then you know get to know him rather than you giving away all the details!!!' I said and she frowned. Woah did I offend her?