Chapter 33

SAANCHI

I could practically feel anger radiating off his body. His eyes had gone red and I could almost listen to a growl leaving his throat. I gulped.

'Nishchay please...'

'No!!! I said no!!! He is not someone whom I trust you with...I can't let you go just like that' he said firmly. There was pin drop silence. He was still looking into my eyes angrily.

I had to calm him down. I slowly brought my right hand closer to his left cheek and softly palmed his cheek. He paused for a moment. His cheek felt hot. He was really very angry. I slowly caressed his cheek and the next second his breathing calmed down. He closed his eyes. I was shocked. Never have I seen Nishchay behave like this all these years. The last time I saw him this pissed was when we were in school. It's when he has thrashed a boy for trying to flirt with me.

Flashback begins...

'Thats fowl!!! You were outside the court practically when you threw the ball!!!' I shouted at Reema who was my senior.

'Ahaaann...That easy? Come on San...be a sport! Accept it! I'm better' saying she hi fived her friend. Reema is a fellow team player, a good friend, a protective senior too but at times she is so competitive that she can be a bitch to win a game. She was Nishchay's classmate.

'You are lying Reema!' I said and she smirked but suddenly Gurpeet went next to Reema and said something to her and soon Reema's eyes went towards the opposite direction and she looked concerned.

'I think let's wrap the game for today. Come San..let's go to the cafeteria!!!' she and Gurpreet took me away but I was concerned. I turned around and saw a gang of boys looking at us from a distance. I noticed Rocky there. Rocky was one of a rich businessman's son and an asshole to be precise.

'Come San...' Reema was about to take me along when Rocky stopped her.

'Where to??? Reema Sinha??? And helloooo beautiful!!! I love it when you play football...you really throw so well!!!' he said smirking at me.

'San let's go!!!' Reema was about to escape. I had never seen Reema so nervous. She was always this confident cool cat and right now it looked like someone messed with her head.

'Sinhaaaa!!! Leave the girl here..' the boy said and now I was getting scared. It was post out school hours and except for us there was no one in the school ground or premises to be precise except for in the cafeteria and office front.

'Sannn...' but before she could take me along I felt a hand on my wrist. I froze. I turned around to see the boy chewing a gum in his mouth saying

'I didn't ask you to leave beautiful!!! I love to see you play football...just like I loved seeing Sinha.... specially when she jumped!!!" he said and suddenly it strikes me what they meant. I saw Reema's grip on my hand tighten but what scared me was she was shivering.

'You are fuller than her huh!! We had a nice view...maybe if we could get a close up of hers like how we got of yours too-' he said and Reema was in tears. Reema is the strongest girl I knew and she looked shaken.

'Sannn please lets go!!!' she was tearing up and I was scared now.

'I said the girl stays here Reema!'

'You dare not touch her! Did you forget what happened last time when you were bashed up!!!' she said and the boy's face color drained.

'Nishchay Mehra cannot alwaysbe your bodyguard Sinha! I also have been practicing boxing! I will smash him this time if he interferes! This girl will stay!!!' he said and before I knew he is held the hem of my skirt and I was shaken up. But the next second he I kicked his shin and held Reema's hand and ran from there. But one of his boys pushed me and I fell on floor