Chapter 4

SAANCHI

'She is doing better Dr Saanchi, it was a minor attack but she has other health issues. Her blood pressure is on a lower side which isn't good for her. Her sugar levels are fluctuating. She doesn't eat well. I think she is not getting enough rest. Why don't you take her along with you. She is alone here. I mean...you know it... impacts during old age!!!' doctor treating Riya Pacchi explained me.

I sat thinking for a long time and finally decided to talk to Pacchi about it.

'But why can't we? I mean...you were born and brought up in Mangalore...It's your hometown!!!' I argued

'And Dhaulpur is my home Saanchi...I love this place. Yes it may not be as developed as that of Mangalore but it certainly gives me peace of mind and I love my farmers and employees. They have done so much for the Prabhu Group of Hospitals and the estate how can you forget that...so many years of patience and dedication...since last 15+ years. I can't leave everything overnight Saanchi!' she fought back. I huffed and sat next to her.

'But you need rest! You must recover!'

'I will...I have you now!!!' she argued

'You can lend a hand and we both can do great. I know you are here to meet the Lotas but if things go fine you will be with Karry Lota here!!!'

'The guy's name is Karry?? Like seriously!!! I'm not meeting this boy!!!' I argued pouring myself a glass of water.

'Sannnuuu...ok listen... he's not here...he has gone to Canada and will be back in next 4 days. So we have all the time for ourselves. How about we spend time in our old apartment? Just like those good old days. You will feel at home too! And guess what Mehek is also here. She married her senior Imran. Both are working as visiting doctors at the hospital. You will enjoy it. Just like good old days at Gulmohar!!!'

The mention of the apartment and I froze.

What if he is still there? Should I go? No!!! But like Aahir said it's high time I make peace with my past. But my fears were overriding my every intension to let go off those thoughts. I couldn't face him. I still remember that phone call.

That last phone call...

Flashback begins...

'Once... please...just once... Please Saanchi...I want to see you!'

I closed my eyes tightly trying to stop the hot tears rolling down my cheeks but I was helpless. I couldn't go back there and neither could I tell him.

'Sanchiiiiii!!!' he shouted on the call such that it shook me from within but tonight even his harsh voice was melodious! After all I was going to listen to it for the last time. I gulped and whispered...

'My....tickets are already booked'

'To hell with your tickets Sannuuu...how can you leave??? It's my wedding! I'm getting married Sannu...you are my best friend! You promised that you will be here...rem... remember... remember our promise to each other...we promised to dance the most on each other's wedding!!! It's my wedding Saanchi...'

That broke my broken heart yet another time. How could I tell this idiot...it is because of his wedding that I am leaving. It's painful. I can't endure the pain. I don't want to screw up his wedding neither did I want to suffer silently.

I have had enough of it! This is my limit!
I have literally arranged everything for his wedding. From invitation card designs, to the wedding alter decorative arrangements to calling his parents. For god's sake I even finalised the wedding suite for his first night.