Chapter 35

SAANCHI

I ran towards the room and turned the knob of the door and barged into his room in one go. I noticed the cupboard carrying his alcohol bottles was crashed against the huge dressing mirror which was now shattered. I noticed bottles as well which had shattered because the wooden cupboard had crashed into the mirror. Before I left to the hospital I made sure all the alcohol bottles were discarded from his home but seeing the fresh stock in his room angered me, disappointed me...pissed me off.

I was right!

Probably today evening when he tried to look into my eyes and whatever that little moment in the kitchen wasn't anything else...it was alcohol! It suddenly took me back to my first day in kitchen after marriage when he addressed me as Sudeshna. It hurt like bitch. But then whom are we saying this to...that man clearly loves his wife...even though she isn't alive...and the one who's alive isn't his wife. Honestly I don't even know if I'm his friend now.

Because friend's don't lie to each other.

He was breathing hard and fast. His angry eyes met my sad ones.

'What are you doing in my room! Get out!!!' he yelled and although it would scare me, I don't know why but a strange accumulated anger inside me spoke up

'Why??? So you could drink and drown in alcohol again is it???'

To which he narrowed his eyebrows and said
'Shouldnt be of your business!!! You have VIP folks calling you at this hour... why would you care if I drink or die?' he asked trying to pick a bottle of scotch which was half broken. What the hell was he doing!!! But before he could get a hold of it, I ran and picked that bottle saying

'Dont even think! You promised Preet aunty that you would never drink. Don't!!!' saying I tried to walk away with the half broken bottle but in one go I felt a strong tug on my wrist which loosened my grip on the bottle which eventually fell on the floor breaking completely. Good!

But before I knew I was pulled against a strong chest. My chest was heaving...was softly pressed against his hard rock like chest. He kept looking into my eyes. The anger in his eyes flickered to turn into pain. It hurt...No it killed me seeing him like that. He slowly let go go off the grip over my wrist saying

'People are vulnerable aren't they? They just don't stand by their words!!!' he chuckled sadly. I could see a wierd sadness in his eyes when they clashed against mine yet another time. Suddenly he blinked multiple times like trying to hide something and took a step away from me holding his head. What was happening to him? I was getting worried now.

'You....you must sleep Saanchi. I...I am tired!!! Goodnight...I....I am sorry for talking rubbish..Just...just forget everything ok!!! I am....I am ...I am drunk' he said but I wasn't ready to believe him. I was close to him few seconds ago. I could smell his breath. He smelled clean. He definitely wasn't drunk. Why is he lying?

I have never seen a woman have so many mood swings even during their pregnancy like the one's he's been showing me in just last 15 hours. What is he?

He tried to walk towards the balcony expecting me to leave but I couldn't leave him like that. Yes he didn't consider me anything other than a friend or maybe not even a friend anymore but this man holds my heart. I cannot! Just cannot leave him like this.

'Nishchay...can we talk?' I asked and although his back was facing me. I could see the stiffness in his body movements.

I walked closer to him and kept a hand on his shoulder and I suddenly notice how his back stiffens even more. Why is he reacting so much. Like I'm giving him some electric jolts.