Chapter 39

SAANCHI

He tucked the delicate Gulmohar flower behind my ears making my heartbeats rise yet another time such that my chest began heaving up and down. His fingers slowly brushed softly against my earlobe and trailed down my neckline tickling and teasing me. I bit my lower lip to make sure I don't moan at his actions. It was teasingly torturous yet pleasingly divine.

'Nishchay???' I flinched at once seeing Mehek standing there with a bowl of ice cream eyeing me and Nishchay suspiciously. I gulped nervously when she asked him...

'What are you doing behind Saanchi? Weren't you like with Imran??? Can't stay awayyyy from wife ever since she's back home is ittttt ahannnn?'

Mehek was just being Mehek!!! Ughh!!!
And because she was pregnant I couldn't even yell at her because of her mood swings she would burst into tears but what irked me was Nishchay was blushing. Is he on weed or something? Why is he blushing? Damn this man!!!

He took a seat next to me on the sofa by placing his hand behind me and I gulped.

'Just shutup you pregnant bear! And what are you eating? Aren't you like barred from eating all that ice cream thingy. I heard my wife yelling at you sometime ago!!!'

My wife??? Isn't this 'my wife' announcement being a little too much nowadays!!! Yes I was his wife but he trying to announce it like one of cheer girls holding pompoms was making me feel all flushed right now.

'Your wife is mad!!! She knows pulling out babies from down there... doesn't know how crazy it feels having one there...' she said and I really wanted to launch the halwa bowl in her direction but that belly carrying my would be neice or nephew is what stopped me from acting upon my impulse.

But my thoughts were broken as Nishchay's hot breath fanned my cheeks as he leaned closer saying
'Halwaaaa (Pudding) I didn't get an opportunity to eat that!!! Can I have a spoon please'

His voice was so intimidating...so sexy that my heart was beating really hard. But before I could try to acknowledge the situation he held my hand which held the spoonful of Halwa and brought it closer to his lips. His mouth swallowed the spoonful of Halwa licking the spoon which made me shiver.

That tongue did a lot to me just few minutes back there. I suddenly felt tingles in my stomach but when I heard Kyra's soft moans is when I was brought back to reality.

'Ummm excuse me...Kyra needs to sleep!!! I'm going home. Goodnight Mehek' I whispered carrying my baby in my arms walking back home.

But shockingly while I entered home I heard Nishchay's footsteps too. I wanted to run away from there. I didn't want to face him. Face his rejections. That sorry maybe...No!!!

So I began taking fast steps towards Kyra's room but before I could reach the room I heard Nishchay's voice

'Saanchi ...'

My legs froze. I closed my eyes.

'Saanchi...I....want to talk to you...'

'Kyra is asleep... She's still a baby and she gets cranky if she looses upon sleep' I said honestly.

'Hmm...ok...Once you put her to sleep...can we talk...I...I will be waiting for you here...' he said hesitantly

'Can we...can we talk tomorrow...I'm... tired!!! Cooked a lot today...big day!!!'

'But Saanc-'

'Please Nishchay!!!' and he didn't have an option. He nodded. I thanked God. I wasn't ready to face him now. My brains and my heart needed peaceful sleep right now. I needed to calm down. So I didn't even walk into my room. I needed Kyra right now. I pulled my baby into my chest and covered both of us in her little pink quilt. She digged her face more into my breasts and slept peacefully. Tears rolled down my eyes. I pulled her closer and kissed the crown of her hair and whispered

'We will always be together Kayu! Mumma loves you' and my little one whispered while still asleep

'I love you Mumma' and I couldn't help but hug her tighter. I closed my eyes to let go off the painful tears. This is true love. Nothing beyond my bond with her.
I cannot survive without her.

I woke up groggily, I had a bad headache. I couldn't even lift my head. I tried to get down from the bed when Nishchay said
'Heyyy Saanchi....don't don't...lie down'

I was feeling heaviness in my head while Nishchay said 'Have this!!!" And offered me a cup of hot lemon tea.

'You are down with fever since last night!!!'

I was shocked. I looked around the room and narrowed my eyebrows. I wasn't in my room or Kyra's room. I was in Nishchay's room.

'How did I reach here?'

'I brought you!!! I... carried you' he said and I didn't have words. But suddenly I recalled sleeping with Kyra.

'But Kyra ...is she ok?'

'Dont worry she's perfectly fine. She doesn't have fever but I have already shifted her to Riya Pacchi's house. Also asked her to stay in the room. But we have to get you home tested.' he said and I nodded. I knew this probably was due to cold and me crying all night but I didn't want to take risks. If I was tested Covid positive I had to start medications and also isolate myself.

Nishchay made me a hot bowl of soup for breakfast. I denied having it but he adamantly asked me to drink it. I was asking him to maintain distance from me because I was concerned for him.

'Nischay I want you to stay with Kyra. You can just supply me food rest I can take care of myself but please don't be around me!!!' I said while Nishchay gave me a hard stare.

'Saanchi I am your husband and I know how to take care of my wife just shut your mouth and lie down.'

'Nishchay please...I ...Kyra needs one of us!!!"

'Kyra loves you a lot. She understands and she also wants you to get well soon! I promise I won't go to meet her till both of us test negative? Ok???'

'And Kyra??? Is she ok?' I asked worried for her.

Nishchay walked closer to me and sat next to me.

'I have asked Riya Pacchi to keep us posted about Kyra's health. As of now let me take care of my wife' he said and I looked at him.

He nodded and asked me to lie down.

'But Kyr-' and before I could talk further he kept a finger on my lips and my breath hitched.

'I kissed you last night Saanchi so there are chances I also have COVID if you do...our mouths were inside each ot-'

'Nischay please!!!' I quickly turned around. I didn't want to hear about what had happened.

'Ok ok fine...We will discuss it later...you take rest as of now. And understand one thing Saanchi. Kyra is important to me but so is Kyra's mom and my wife!!!' he said and I closed my eyes while still not facing him. But the way he addressed me as his wife made my heart tingle again.

But I knew this was wrong.

'I don't want to take this room but now that you brought me here I insist you take my room. Change the sheets and try not to come here unnecessarily!!!' I said firmly

'But Saanchi-'

'Nishchay please...I don't want you to be infected if I'm positive... please!!!' I said firmly and although he didn't look happy. He nodded.

I lied down on the bed after having the soup. I was glad that I didn't have to talk to him now but suddenly my phone beeped and I saw there was a message from Nishchay which said

Hi Mrs Mehra...Heard you are all alone...want some company?

And I narrowed my eyebrows.

Is he trying to flirt with me?

✨✨✨✨✨

Short chapter today.
Had a long day at work

Love
Srinidhi ❤️