Chapter 52

SAANCHI

'Are you serious???' Riri asked

'You are cruel Saanchi!!!' Aaryan added

'Exactly...I mean come on you just cannot be so heartless Saanchi' and this time it was Aaru aunty and I looked at her saying

'Since when did Team Chichi turn into Team Nishchay??? This is very mean and come on Ma not you...we are team Chichi!!!' Neiyat kept hands on her waist and spoke up supporting me.

Ek 'Pregnant' naari saare Jag pe bhaari (A lady is more powerful than the entire world)

'Look Beta it's really no big deal!!! All we are saying is you are being too harsh...On him and us both!!! I mean we have heard about Nishchay's Biryani turned Khichdi story and trust me you are making him cook tonight for your Mehndi ceremony. I mean why are you screwing up the function?' Aaru aunty asked and Nishchay pouted saying

'Aunty are you supporting me or insulting me?' Nishchay asked and I was pressing my lips tight trying to hide my laughter.

'And imagine Mumma...He can't cook alone...and she wants us both to cook along' Riri said and I grinned.

'Whatttt??? Hold on hold on Saanchi...If you think your husband is a disastrous cook my husband is even more scary!!! And that Aaryan boy...man he made coffee one day and I ended up in washroom straight for 48 hours!!! That's his cooking talent!!! No no noooo... that ain't happening!!!' Neiyat said and I rolled my eyes.

'Thats my Nei..I love you!!!' Aaryan said earning a slap from Aahir and we chuckled.

'I don't mind the challenge really...But remember if everyone likes tonight's food then you go on a date with me Mrs Mehra!!! Tonight!!!' Nishchay said taking a step closer to me...towering me like a giant and gazing my lips...I gulped.

'Fine!!! But I'll decide the menu!!!' I said and he smirked saying 'Sure!!!'

'Puli Koddela.... how the fuck am I even going to spell that out???' Nishchay said and I simply climbed the kitchen slab and took a bite of my crunchy apple with my daughter on her lap.

'Paa...it's that sweet brown colored ash gourd curry which Mumma makes...I love it Mumma thank you' and I kissed my daughter's cheek.

'Aww you are welcome my Chanda (moon)' I said making her slowly bite upon the apple.

'This is cheating Chichi...you purposely gave us a Konkani cuisine...I mean we can't even spell it out, how the heck are we going to cook it? Nonsense...Mission Abort Nishchay Jiju...big deal...it's not like you have to fulfil all her wishes...some wishes can be aborted too!!!' Aaryan said and I smirked looking at Nishchay who simply kept looking into my eyes.

'Whatttt??? You were the one who said...make it tough for me...I am...making it tough for you!!! Have fun' I said and he took a step closer and I was suddenly feeling conscious...

'Kayu...Go along with Aahir uncle and Aaryan uncle and see where exactly is your Aayat Didi...I want to talk to Mumma!!!' He said making my heart beat inside my mouth now.

Aahir coughed and winked at me while Aaryan patted Nishchay's back saying 'Show her who's the boss Jiju!!!' and I rolled my eyes.

In no time both left the kitchen...leaving Nishchay and me all alone. His predator eyes kept looking at me and I was feeling extremely nervous. I slowly tried to hop down the kitchen slab only for him to hold onto my butt and push me back on the kitchen slab...his hands still brushed against the sides of my butt cheeks making me conscious.