Chapter 9

MEHEK

'You shouldn't have done this Begum (wife). She was always the sensitive one!!! We all know it!' Imran said while I huffed and kept banging her bedroom door. I couldn't make more noise because Riya aunty cannot know this. She is sleeping in her room and the kitchen is the only partition between both rooms.

Here Saanchi had gone berserk with the information I gave her about Sudeshna. After all Sudeshna was also a part of our group although Saanchi didn't like her much because she was jealous of Sudeshna taking away her position in Nishchay's life she never wished ill for the couple.

'I didn't know she didn't know it Imu. It wasn't right not telling her everything. Today or tomorrow she would know it and you know the anger Nishu feels for her. I didn't want him to insensitively shout at her. Atleast now she has heads up!!!' I argued

'She is crying inconsolably Mehek. It's 4 in the morning. In a few hours Riya aunty will also wake up. She will ask what happened, what will you tell her? Saanchi should be brought into the right state of mind before that!'

Even after continuous banging she didn't open the door and now I knew he was the only one who could console Saanchi and I dialled him.

SAANCHI

I was shattered thinking about Sudeshna again and again. I was feeling empty, numb and helpless from within. Tears weren't stopping and that's when I heard...

'Chinnu!!!' and I closed my eyes.

'Open the door Cherda(child)' I heard again. And that's when I opened the door and there he was standing infront of me.

'Sachhu Anna' I threw myself into his arms and he cooed me like a baby. Not like a baby. I was his baby. I have annoyed him the most, fought with him, tortured him. He was the one who's seen my worst and also been throughout my worst. The only family member who knew about my depression issues. My elder brother Sachin.

He was only 2 years elder to me. We were childhood buddies, besties since birth and each other's strength throughout our worst. I stoodby his side when his fiance ditched him on the day of his engagement and he was throughout my journey when I went through my one sided heartbreak with Nishchay.

He patted my head and I felt calm.

'Who told you about it?' I asked and he smiled and looked at Mehek saying...
'Who else?' and I rolled my eyes as Mehek smiled looking at Sachhu Anna.

'Its not your fault Chinnu!!!' Sachhu Anna looked into my eyes and said and I cried on his chest again.

'She would have been alive if maybe I had called back!!!'

'No one can control fate Chinnu. She was destined to be with us only for that long and how do you know if you could have saved her? You are not god!!!'

'Atleast I could have tried!!!"

'Chinnu you can't blame yourself due to assumptions! Above all you yourself were undergoing-'

'Sacchu Anna' I spoke up suddenly trying to stop him from speaking up about my past. I didn't want my brother to again remind me about the past. I am proud of the fact that I won against depression but I didn't want to remember those times.

'I think you must talk to Nishchay like a matured individual!!!' Anna said

'That is the problem Sachin. You know Nishu! He's had this concrete in his head that Saanchi left him alone during his worst. He won't listen. Until and unless it comes from you!!!' she said and then I looked at Anna.

He looked uncomfortable. Anna had also maintained a good distance from Nishchay since he married Sudeshna. He also was shocked to know about Sudeshna as per Mehek but I know Nishchay would listen to my brother as how could I forget Sacchu Anna was the reason I became friends with Nishchay in 10th std.

Flashback begins...

'Thank you so much Anna...this is beautiful. Tell dad I loved it.' I said hugging another teddy bear I got as a gift as my brother shifted along with us to Dhaulpur. It was decided that he will finish his 11th and 12th in Dhaulpur as even he didn't want to move to Sydney this early.

'By the way won't you ask what's the name of the teddy?' he asked in a teasing way and I raised an eyebrow. I could see Mehek trying to hide her laughter. She was now staying in Riya Pacchi's house as her parents shifted to Abu Dabi and like minded friends that we are, she also hated leaving India.

But amongst all this one annoying thing that happened was Sacchu Anna also became friends with my best friend Mehek. None of my secrets were safe.

'Anna!!! Not you! I don't know what Mehek has told you! They are all mad. I don't even talk to him. They tease me for no reason. I don't even know this Nishchay guy!' I said and my brother was shocked

'Nishchay??I named him Jaadu! After your Hrithik Roshan's new alien movie character!!! Your favourite right?' he said and I didn't know what to say! Damnnn!!!

And I had dug my own grave but I didn't know this grave would be dug deeper because although I never spoke nor saw Nishchay's face....my brother and he became friends

Best of friends!!!

I avoided being with my own brother because they started hanging out together but then one day came when I had to face him.

It was my brother's birthday!!! And he was also invited!

Shit!!!

(To be continued...)

I know it's a short chapter. Had a busy day today. New job...new responsibilities...But I promise to compensate for this one soon ❤

Love Love ❤️
Yours_Nidhi ❤️