Chapter 16

SAANCHI

'Aniketh can you please go and check if the props I ordered has arrived? Mr Kumar is ready in his Shivaji Maharaj get up but without the sword he wouldn't look perfect and Nishchay did you call the caterer???' I asked to which Nishchay slapped his forehead saying 'Sorry Sannu...let me call him!' and I felt goosebumps. Did he just call me Sannu?

'Ssssure!!!' I nodded trying to compose myself. We were busy doing the last minute preps for the costume party we decided for Choti Diwali. We had decided like good old days we will have events and games. Everybody except Sodhi Uncle was happy with the arrangements. He was cribbing about the cost and unnecessary headache this event had caused. But majority wins. Above all it brought smiles on these old wrinkly faces. It was truly heartwarming.

'Sannu why haven't you dressed up? You were supposed to wear your Tinkerbell costume?' saying Mehek came dressed ad a witch. She even had a prosthetic nose which she was thoroughly flaunting and enjoying. Imran had dressed up as Shrek. His physique was the perfect match to Shrek whereas Aniketh dressed up as Devdas. When asked he said 'Its as per the Diwali theme. I can play cards and charm women too!!!' but when Mehek reminded him that the party consisted of only oldies his mood shrunk. We were glad. We didn't want Shruthi his fiance who was also a police officer to give him a third degree torture already.

'I will dress up later!!! Let's finish all the arrangements and anyways my dress hasn't arrived yet.' I said but frankly I was avoiding dressing up. I somehow wasn't comfortable but because this event was my idea I had to comply.

Suddenly we heard Kyra's voice and we turned around to see her dressed up as little Ariel. Her red hair, those green fin like skirt which however restricted her from walking but she indeed looked like an angel.

'Oh my god!!! You look beautiful big girl!!!' I said and she blushed.

Nishchay simply walked towards her and kissed her cheek.

'Paaaa noooo...Riya Aunty did my makeup just now!!!' saying she rubbed her cheek but looks like Nishchay didn't care much and gave her more kisses to which she whined saying 'Paaaaaaa' and we chuckled.

Main Jatt Yamla Pagla Deewana...
Ho rabba itti si baat na jaana ..
ki ki ki...
O Maine pyaar karti he ...
aye Haye Haye Haye ..
Sadde itthe o Mardi he!!!

Mr Singh sang and here we noticed Mrs Iyer blushing.

'Woow!!! Two States 2.0!!!' said Aniketh and Imran giggled.

'Oh Hello!!! Excuse me...what is so funny? Can't old people fall in love again! You hypocrite...you can date 50+ girls before settling for a Shruthi but you have issues in Mr Singh settling for another woman after loosing his wife. You are sick Aniketh and you Imu...dont talk to me!!!' saying Mehek stormed away making Imran run behind her trying to explain the situation. We chuckled.

We as in... Nishchay and me.

We were arranging the coins for a tambola setup after the melodious song from Mr Singh. Looking at Nishchay's smile I couldn't stop myself

'Nishchay...I think Mehek is right!!!' I said and he smiled saying

'Indeed! Love can happen anytime!!!'

'Then what is stopping you?' I asked and he was left dumbfounded.

'Saanchi. . stop!!!' he said at once

'Nishchay...Kyra misses her mother. I see the way she looks at other women who carry their babies. I even see the way she looks at Imran's sister when she Pampers her son. She misses her mo-'