Chapter 12

NISCHAY

'Thank you Cynthia!!!' I thanked Cynthia my daughter's new care taker and took a sip of tea from my cup while Aniketh smiled at me. Imran looked at me and said

'You know right...I can ask my sister to take care of Kayu along with my nephew?' and I scowled.

That little brat has all heart eyes for my daughter already. I raised an eyebrow saying 'Thanks but no thanks!!!'.
To which Aniketh chuckled saying 'Gosh! You are such a posessive father Nishu! I pity Kayu's future husband!!!' and I rolled my eyes saying 'Oh Mister! My daughter's crush list includes you too!!!' to which he smirked saying 'I appreciate her selection!!!' he said and I threw some tissues over him.

'I am glad you took up this job offer...But honestly Nishu...you don't know Cynthia that well!!! I mean Kayu is only 4!' Imran said

'Cynthia has been my aunt's househelp for years. She knows Kyra. Above all Kayu is comfortable with her. She will be fine Imran' Aniketh said but I was still scared. My heart was still not at peace. Will Kayu be really ok? A sudden fear gushed in and somehow I couldn't stop myself.

'I will get you some water Praji (Brother).' Cynthia said as I saw Kyra playing with her toys. I smiled when Aniketh said

'You ok now?' and I nodded. Although the hospital is barely at a walking distance the fear of having Kayu left with someone for the first time was eating me up. I have always been there for her. My previous job allowed me to work from home, although this was extremely convenient, it still was not a work from home. But when Aniketh convinced me it's just an year more and then Kayu will be 5 and with that she will go to kindergarten, it somehow made me agree to this setup.

Maybe I should have retired the baby sitting option of sending her to a private baby school but last time when a boy pushed Kyra and she got hurt, since then I was scared for her. My daughter is like a little flower. She needs to be treated like a princess.

'Ajith uncle I think we will need to have a extra fund for building the new water tank, it can help in storing more water in summer seasons!!!' I said and he nodded saying

'Right, we have been offlate ordering for a lot of tankers!!!'

And that's when I heard someone clear their throat and without even looking instantly I knew who it was. I continued writing down accounts.

'Oh Saanchi...welcome beta (child)...come sit...we were tallying the accounts and planning to propose the investment for a new water tank before next summer!' he said to her while she smiled saying

'Its a good idea Ajith uncle but I suggest we ask the apartment folks if they are ready to bear the extra overhead! You know people like Mr Sodhi would simply create a ruckus!' she said and I was irked.

'Ajith uncle please tell folks that this tank is not a fancy equipment, it's an essential!"

'Nishchay don't get me wrong! I am just saying mostly retired folks stay here. People may have financial concerns too' she said looking at me. But I didn't want to see her face so I continued flipping pages of the ledger and said

'Ajith uncle please tell some strangers that we have been in this apartment for ages and we know how to deal with stuff and we don't need an 'outsider' to teach us!' and she fell silent.

I could feel her sharp gaze on me. I didn't care. I continued flipping pages.

'I didn't mean to interfere Nishchay! Ajith uncle...all I said was people might be burdened and we must give them some time, as they don't have a running income other than their monthly retiral benefits or some savings. Just a suggestion and I didn't mean to interfere. I was only doing my duty as a president.' she said and that last line pissed me off