Chapter 25

SAANCHI

'You can't be serious!!! You are leaving again??? This is stupid!!!' Mehek shouted and I looked at her and said

'I am not going forever ok!!! I am just going for a conference and lectures to Italy. I will be back in few days max so stop overdoing this Mehek!!!' saying I began packing my bag.

'Well this question of mine comes only because a) you are taking this decision after Nishchay's No!!! b) the most curious one you are going along with this monkey. I mean really Jassi? Your taste wasn't this bad I guess!!!' Mehek said only for Jassi to raise an eyebrow saying

'Oh Hello Miss Smelly cat!!! I'm also going on a business trip ok!!! She's giving guest lectures and seminars and it's my organization who is going to organise the event...so I'm traveling along!!!'

To which Mehek folded her hands against her chest saying
'Well never saw a CEO so interested about organising a seminar. Oh come on Lota...accept it... you don't want to let go off any chances of hitting on her!!!'

'Mehekkkk stop!!!' I shouted. She looked at me and silence prevailed. I took a deep breath and sat next to her.

'Look Mehek...I need a break. But I don't think I can leave Pacchi alone for longer. It's just that everything here is so overwhelming. And Nishchay is very clear about his decision and even I want to have a clear mind. This trip will also give me time to have clarity upon a lot of things!!! Even Kyra will maybe forget me. Now that her Gammy is also home. I think this is the best for all of us Mehek.' I said and she looked at me silently and then pulled me into a warm hug.

I smiled and pulled her closer and said
'I want you to take care of my niece or nephew ok!!! I mean it no eating spicy food, no eating junk till I'm back' I warned her and she nodded.

I hugged Pacchi and she wished me luck. I smiled and started walking outside the house only to see Kyra standing at the main door with the teddy bear I had once offered her but what was piercing my heart were those big brown eyes that she's been gifted thanks to her handsome father's genes were right now filled with tears.

Oh God!!! I am not prepared for this.

I walked towards her. I wanted to give her a tight warm hug but the little girl simply shoved the teddy into my face and ran from there. I didn't miss those big eyes which had tears rolling down non stop as she didn't even utter a word to me.

I wanted to hug her, tell her that I will be back soon but again if her father didn't want me around her...today or tomorrow that little heart would sure shatter into pieces and I couldn't help it.

It killed me from within as she didn't even listen to me once even when I called her name as not once did she turn back to look at me when she ran into her house. That very minute my eyes met Nishchay who tried to stop her but she didn't even listen to him. I could hear the bedroom door close with a loud thud.

She is 4. But her anger!!! It could even scare the Frankenstein's monster.

She was my monster. My little monster. My eyes filled up at that thought. It didn't feel good. I wanted to hug her once. Fill her in my embrace. Her little fingers had those sharp nails which she never let me or Riya Pacchi cut as she was scared. It would scratch my neck and shoulder and burn my skin everytime she hugged me tightly but right now I wouldn't even mind that.

Nishchay simply looked at me and then his gaze went towards Jassi and I noticed him shift uncomfortably but he muttered softly

'I...I will take care of Kyra. She.... she's a little too-' but I cut his explanation short confessing