Chapter 17

SAANCHI

Elsa Mumma...

Those words from her mouth left me speechless. My mouth opened and closed multiple times but I couldn't utter a word. I gulped nervously looking at the man standing next to me who looked equally shocked. But before I could think anything more she ran into me...but because she had worn a skirt which had finlike shape she stumbled upon and just when I saw her chin was about to hit the ground I divided in and sweeped her into my arms sliding on the floor.

I fell on my knees hugging her to my chest protecting this little munchkin in my arms...but what shocked me was her grip on my neck was tightened and she dug her face in between my breasts hiding herself like it was the safest place on planet earth making me take deep breaths.

I had held Kyra close to my but today this hug felt more intimate. It felt more meaningful and it felt more connected. Just when I was trying to grasp everything she muttered with soft sobs...

'I knew it God would never turn down my birthday wish!!! Maybe it reached him a little late but he finally fulfilled it...God gave me you...all mine...ALL MINE!!!' she said tightening her little arms across my neck and hiding more in my chest while I was trying to analyse everything. Nishchay was still shocked. Mehek was dumbfounded. My lips were quivering.

'Kyra!!!' I whispered trying to pull her out of my hug but what she said next had my heart in my mouth

'Mumma!!! Why did you hide yourself from me? Why didn't you tell me that you are my Mumma? Kyra is so dumb...Kyra kept blaming Pa and God when Mumma was already here!!!' and I was stumped. I didn't have an answer to that. My eyes widened when she finally got out of my hug only to shower kisses from her little mouth all over my face only for Nishchay to almost whisper 'Kyra' but suddenly stop seeing his daughter smiling and crying at the same time.

'Now I understood why was Pa angry with you on my birthday? Because you left us and went away na Mumma???' she said and I could see hurt and anger in Nishchay's eyes. Oh God this is getting out of hand now.

But Kyra seemed to be in no mood to listen. Everytime I tried to open my mouth she kissed on my cheeks or my lips to shut me up. And Mehek looked even more worried now. Nishchay simply walked away from there while Kyra was not ready to leave my embrace. All she did was hug me so tightly that her little nails had almost bruised my neck.

'Mumma Kyra is tired.. Can I sleep here like how Sufi sleeps on his Mumma's chest. I always wanted to do that?' she asked and without even waiting for my answer she rested her head on my chest. The feeling was something I couldn't describe.

No I wasn't her mom! But this moment...this feeling was so pure such that my mouth could only utter a word 'Sure!!!'

Damn it Nishchay is going to burn down Gulmohar!!! Fuck!!!

NISHCHAY

'Nishu open the door!!!' I could hear Mehek knocking on the door for a long time but I couldn't handle it. I wanted to destroy everything. Out of all...out of everyone on this planet earth...why her?
Fuck why HER ALONE???
Without a second thought in one go I slammed a vase against the wall breaking it into pieces and this time I could hear Imran...

'Bhai...Open the door! Else I will break open!!!' Imran shouted

'Fucking open it now Nishchay I'm warning you!!!' this time it was Aniketh. I didn't want anyone around me so I simply found a bottle of scotch and began gulping it down...NEAT!!!

And that's when I heard a thud in the balcony of our apartment and I noticed Imran had jumped into my balcony via the duct connecting from Saanchi's balcony. Damn it!!!I hate you Mehek...she knows all the old techniques.