Chapter 13

SAANCHI

I was praying in my heart when he said
'Awww my princess! I am so proud of you! But remember no playing with strangers!!!' he said sweetly when it pricked me yet another time.

'But teddy is my friend!!! She is also out neighbour na Pa!!!' she said with a cute pout.

She's an angel!!!

'Not everyone is good Kayu! And we are not supposed to be friends with everybody!!!'. It hurt again.

'But Pa...teddy is nice!!! And above all she played with me unlike Cynthia Di' she said innocently earning a glare from their househelp. But I was glad she spoke up. It wasn't right for their househelp to ignore a four year old.

'Cynthia!!! I expect you to play with Kayu from tomorrow onwards and also not let her play with random strangers. I don't like it!!!' he said with a firm tone and I bit insides of my mouth. I was getting angry.

'That is what I was explaining this lady Praji (brother). But she sounded like she knows you!!!' she said and that's when Nischay said

'No I don't know her!!! So next time onwards careful!!!' saying he hugged Kyra closer and walked upstairs. Their househelp smirked at me and left from there.

I was humiliated but above all I was hurt. That's it! I had decided to never interfere into his personal space again but then my eyes fell on the ball I held in my hands. It belonged to Kyra.

This kid! I don't know why she is pulling me towards her like a magnet.

I couldn't stop thinking about the time I spent with Kyra not even when I was having my dinner.

'You really love kids don't you?' Riya Pacchi asked and I looked at her with an questionable expression.

'I saw you playing with Nishchay's daughter. You looked so happy. I just so can't wait to see you marry and have your own miniature versions Gondi (sweetie)!!!' she said and I rolled my eyes.

'Pacchi please!!! You really think a lot'

'No I don't and you also shouldn't and must simply meet up Karry. Mrs Lota said he will be coming home before Diwali. So I have invited him to our apartment Diwali party.' she said and I gulped.

'Here???' and she smiled nodding her head.

'Pacchi please.. I really need some time more... the mother is so annoying...I don't have much hope from son you see!' I said and she chuckled.

'Mrs Lota is a little over the top about her son but I heard Karry is a nice guy! You really must meet him atleast once baby!!!' Pacchi said and I nodded a ok.

Just then the calling bell rang and I opened the door only to almost have my jaws hitting the ground. Nishchay was standing at the door. I kept blinking while he cleared his throat saying

'I have an appointment with Riya Mam!!!' and I was shocked

'Appp... appointment? Now???' and he simply showed me a message from Bindia and I nodded.

'May I?' he asked and I nodded.

He walked inside the apartment and while closing the door. His proximity made me nervous. His musk fragrance hit my nose hard. That cinammon spicy cologne. Damn!!! I gulped gripping the knob of the door almost whitening my knuckles. This man affects me like a fucking drug.

'I am extremely sorry Mam!!! I didn't know you were having dinner. I wi-'

Before he could complete his statement my Pacchi said