Chapter 8

SAANCHI

We kept glaring at each other only for Riya Pacchi to interfere...

'Nishchay... Saanchi... behave yourselves!!! People are watching!' she said and I looked around to see Mr and Mrs Lota staring at me and Nishchay.

'Nishu...come... Kyra needs you!!!' and this time it was Imran who rubbed Nishchay's shoulders and dragged him along. He simply threw the teddy bear and walked inside the house and close the door with a loud bang.

My eyes filled with angry tears. Why on earth did he hate me so much? Yes I didn't go to his wedding, I may have hurt him but this much hatred? He was my best friend. We have shared our tiffins, our life's most precious moments. Yes I had feelings for that man but there is an emotion beyond that...it's called friendship! How can he treat me so bad. He shouted at his 4 year old daughter on her birthday.

Enough!!! I am not going to tolerate this shit! If he doesn't want me around even I'm not willing to woo him. He's a married man with a wife and a child. Let him be happy in his life and let me be happy with mine.

That night I stepped into my bedroom. I have had enough of this guilt consciousness. I saw my boxing bag kept aside. I was planning to set it up in the room I'm staying but rather there was a mad anger inside me. I carried it myself and hung it then and there in that bedroom of mine! I opened that balcony for a good view of his apartment whose lights were still on!!! And I started punching and kicking the boxing bag. One sport I picked from him while growing up yet I mastered it thanks to my bestie Aahir. This was the best stress buster. After taking out my anger and frustration on the punching bag I huffed and took a look at my sweaty body and my strong biceps. I was a thin yet a super fit woman.

Post my rigorous workout I took a quick shower.

Once my anger cooled down I noticed, my old room was exactly like before. Bindia's housekeeping staff managed to clean up everything. I sat on the bed and pulled my Tillu close to my chest and simply cuddled to sleep.

'Saanchi??? This time???' Imran was rubbing his eyes.

'Sannu??? You now??? Everything is ok???' Mehek asked. She saw the clock hanging on the wall which was ticking 1:30 am!!!

'Wont call me in???' I asked and Mehek huffed and nodded

'Imu...can you please make two cups of coffee please?' she asked Imran rubbing his shoulders

'Only one cup of coffee for her and a glass of almond milk for you! No caffeine for you!' he said strictly while Mehek rolled her eyes.

We were sitting on her dinner table in the kitchen while Imran was making the coffee and almond milk.

'I knew you would be here!!! But I expected you a bit early!!! What took you so long???' Mehek asked with a small smile

'Mehek! Not today! I'm serious! That kid...I couldn't sleep thinking of how Nishchay behaved with her! I have never asked you about Nishchay or his life ever! Not now...not when you met me years ago in Dubai...not when we met in Sydney! But what happened today took away my peace of mind!' I spoke up honestly and that's when Mehek looked at me with a serious expression.

'Kyra is a very sensitive child Saanchi and Nishchay is a hands on father! He is very good at his job!!! But you have to understand from his perspective!' she said hesitantly

'What perspective? I didn't attend his marriage! And you know why!!! But just because I didn't want to give him reasons for it he is pissed with me for ages! Now that's too much!'

'Hold on hold on...he was pissed with you for not attending his marriage..True!!!
But his anger is not because of that alone Saanchi. You think Nishu is so silly to hold onto it?' she asked and I really wanted to tell her how silly her Nishu was did she forget what happened when I ended up slapping him when we spoke for the first time.