Chapter 31

SAANCHI

The hot shower is really helping my nerves calm after that tiresome shopping. I increased the volume of my Bluetooth speaker to make sure Britney was louder the better. I squeezed some of my peach flavoured bodywash and applied it onto my loofah and began rubbing into my body. Covid times were scary and I preferred having bath everytime I had gone out. I hated the smell of sanitizer.

I hated going shopping too but last time I noticed Nishchay purchased more packed food and readymade powders and unhealthy junk in the name of food and although Kyra and he loved junk...Give me a break I love junk too but then my mommy hormones wouldn't let my baby eat all that.

I knew chewing those potato wafers and drinking that cola shit was her favorite but they were harmful for her. I had to pick healthier alternatives to make sure Kayu or for that matter Nishchay doesn't get used to them. So this time I picked amla (gooseberry) homemade jaggery candies for my sweet lover daughter and replaced Nishchay's unhealthy chips with healthy Makhana (foxnuts). And instead of getting more ice cream I decided to stock up on the fridge with flavored yoghurt, curd and fresh mangoes.

Although Nishchay carried most stuff, I lent him a helping hand too. Thankfully we took dinner outside otherwise the flag bearer of 'I hate food..Don't feed me' union Miss Kyra Nishchay Mehra would get yet another reason to skip her meal. That girl is no wonder so skinny. She uses all her tactics to avoid food. From cute pout to battling eyelashes to 'I love you Mumma... Can I get a kissie'...she tries everything!!! I literally mean every single thing to avoid eating!!!

But if she is my daughter! I am her mother! She has plan A B C to skip her meals...I make plan D E F...Upto Z and even Infinity to feed her!!! Wooahhh!!! That little smartass of mine!!!

But now I was getting worried. Tomorrow onwards I am going to join hospital. And although I remember my oath as a doctor...my motherly heart is silently begging for my Kyra's warmth. I can't be with her for the next few weeks.
They said with PPE kids we are extremely safe but I couldn't risk Kyra and Nishchay's lives. The reason why I decided to take up the room like other hospital staff in the hospital. It took me a lot of time to explain Kyra but when I told her that I will be able to make many more mothers meet their babies just like Kyra met me...she instantly understood and agreed to it. However the way she was hugging me today even during the dinner made me realise how deep our bond was rooted in mere two weeks of me being married to Nishchay.

I washed away conditioner from my hair and also washed away all my peach body wash making me feel good. I was now set ready to a good sleep. I pulled the towel off the stand and rubbed myself but when I realised I didn't have another towel to tie my hair. I only squeezed out excess water off my hair of the same towel and finally wrapped it around my body. I finally opened the door when Britney's Hit me Baby one more time kept playing. Damn that's my favourite number since school days.

I twirled and began tapping my bare feet to the song. I shook my head and sprinkled the water off my hair everywhere. I began singing the lyrics and took a look at myself on the dressing mirror and smirked and took a look at my butt which looked really nice under the towel. I twirled around admiring it again and spoke up

'Hmmm Noiiiiice!!! you do have nice assets Mrs Mehra!!! Maybeeee you reallllly need to acknowledge it a little more!!! Those boring salwar suits don't do justice to you!!!' saying I smirked and gave in to Britney's melodious track and continued dancing.

I went towards my cupboard and began fetching for clothes to wear. Although Dhaulpur was in its extreme winters because I took a warm shower I was sweating so I pulled out a loose oversized tshirt almost my knee length. Night time I decided to ditch my bra as usual to let the babies breathe. I pulled out my white panties and decided to slip onto them. Comfort over anything!!!