Drowning

(TW: Drowning and death)

Alexander clung to a stray branch. Its slimy wet surface was the only thing stopping him from being washed down the thundering river.

Memories and horrors filled his mind, almost making him lose his grip. Houses flooded and trees destroyed.

Younger Alexander clung to a stray post, hoping not to be pulled out to sea. Rain slashed his back and Alexander gasped for a breath of air. Thunder rumbled in the sky, cracks of light flashing in the sky.

Looking up Alexander watched as a wave came crashing down upon him, Slamming his eyes shut.

"-LEX!" A scream echoed through the valley. Was it his mother? No, it couldn't be. It was Washington. "ALEX HOLD ON! I'M COMING SON!"

Alexander didn't know how much longer he could hang on. His grip was slipping. This was it.

He had looked death in its eyes too many times. This time it had caught him. Death had him in it's jaws and Alexander wasn't scared. He was ready, he was waiting for this day to come. Ready for when Death stopped taunting him.

This was it.

Alexander let go.

Letting the water take him away. Down under the water, drowning in memories.

And then a strong arm grabbed him, pulling him up from the cold clear water. And then the world faded to inky blackness.

+++++(Happy ending)+++++

Alexander was tired, his whole body was sore. He seemed to be covered in thick warm blankets.

He didn't want to open his eyes but forcing himself to he looked up to see Washington passed out in a chair beside his bed.

Blinking away, he looked at the general. "D-Dad?"

Washington's eyes burst open and the stocky man rushed to Alexander's side. "Yes son?"

"Hi,"

"You made me worried, son." Washington shook his head, smiling although tears were forming in his eyes.

Alexander let out a small laugh that turned to a cough.

"Alexander, are you ok?" asked Washington worriedly.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good. You?"

"I'm doing better. I thought I had lost you son."

Alexander rolled his eyes, "I'm not your son."

"Then why did you call me dad when you woke up?" Asked Washington raising one eyebrow.

"Shut up."

Washing stood up and started making his way out of the tent to call in the doctors. "That's not how you treat your commander or your father, son."

+++++(Sad ending)+++++

One soldier meant nothing in the tide of losses thanks to the war yet this loss affected the world more than anyone would have thought imaginable. And most importantly it affected Washington.

The Commander was more rash, and couldn't think straight. His thoughts were all over and some of the other men decided him as if 'he lost a son'.

But he had lost his son. He had lost Alexander.

If only he had been quicker, stronger, then Alexander would have survived and would be here to make fun of him.

Alexander was dead.

Alexander was never coming back.

And that hurt Washington more than anything else in the world had.

Some said it was not Washington's fault, but Alexander. After all Alexander did let go but none of that mattered. Alexander was still dead and Washington was to blame.

Washington had numbly made a speech at Alexander's funeral. A funnel without a body.

In the days following Washington had waited for Alexander to stumble through the door into his tent. Waiting for the consistent arguing about how Alexander wanted to fight. The constant sounds of Alexander writing non-stop.

But Alexander never came back.

And then they won the war. To remember his lost son, Washington had statues made in his  honor.

And that's how Alexander Hamilton became Alexander Hamilton-Washington in all the history books.

And that's how Washington died inside, that cold sad day. 

I'm not good at writing sad stuff. But is it only me cause when i read sad stuff it feels like knives are stabbing me in my chest and I cant breath for a second... just me, looking for a friend

Remember to vote!

- Riley