Lost Boy (Request)

This one-shot was a request to me from @MochaMouse ! This One-Shot is based in a world like Toy Story. Basically toys can move/ are alive but don't move when people are around them.

It had been a day since Susan had lost her favorite toy, a doll named Alexander. What she didn't know was that one of her twin brothers action figures was in great distress.

Washington sat sadly on the desk, his eyes scanning the streets for any signs of his so-called son.

Footsteps came from down the hall and Washington froze. The door opened and Susan ran into the room, tears in her eyes. She quickly found her way over to the desk, grabbed Washington and raced to her bed. She hid under the covers, clutching Washington to her chests.

The booming thunder roared in the sky, causing Susan to flinch. She began crying harder now. "I-I miss him!" She cried "W-Wher- is he?" She wailed. "He's always here to comfort me in storms a-and now- he's gone!"

Washington agreed, for he missed Alexander too.

+++++++++

The storm had passed along with a day. Washington once again spent the day at the window, looking for hope of finding his son.

The tapping of plastic drew his attention away from the window and to a group of toy soldiers. The men saluted to Washington. "Hello, sir!"

Washington gave them a small, sad smile. "Hello boys."

"We came to cheer you up, sir!" One answered.

"Yeah!" The other men agreed.

"I'm afraid that might prove a difficult challenge." Washington said before returning his gaze out the window.

"He will come home, Sir!"

Washington didn't respond.

+++++++++

The next day three of Susan's dolls tried to cheer the tall action figure up.

"Want to hear a joke?" Peggy asked, batting her eyes at Washington. Angelica rolled her eyes, causing Eliza to elbow her in the stomach.

"Come on, he'll be fine." Angelica said.

"How can you be sure? After all, We've lost so many this way."

"Sir," Eliza says, moving closer. "With all due respect, that's quite dumb. Alexander is the smartest, strongest, bravest man I know-"

"HEY!!!!" came a yell (Probably from Jefferson).

"- as I was saying," Eliza said coldly, glaring at the bushy haired barbie doll. "He will stop at nothing to come home."

"He hates storms." was Washington's only reply.

+++++++++

It had been a week since Alexander disappeared. In that week Washington barely moved from his window sill (That is unless Susan or Tommy played with him).

The toys had tried everything they could think of to get Washington in a better mood. Even resorting to call Martha (The neighbor kid's doll) to come over as the children were at school.

The consistent rains did not help the mood either. Susan was sad and gloomy as well, missing Alexander and hating the pouring rain.

Susan was sitting on her bed, hugging Angelica, Eliza and Peggy. The door burst open and a breathless Tommy rushed into his twin's and his room.

"Susan! Susan! Look at who me and daddy found!" Yelled Tommy. Cradled in his arms was a doll. He was covered in mud and grim. He was missing a few buttons on his jacket. He was dripping water onto the floor as well. But although he was in such bad condition, Washington knew exactly who the doll was.

Alexander.

+++++++++++

The children were at school and the parrots were at work which left the house open and free for the toys to run around in.

Most of the toys were happy to see Alexander returned home safely. He had to explain that some of the buttons would be found but that's to a quick time in the washer and dryer he was looking much better.

Susan had wanted to bring Alexander to school but decided against it so as to not lose the toy again.

Alexander made his way up to the desk where, as always, Washington stood guard. He watched life pass by until Alexander shook him out of his trance. "Hey,"

"Oh, Hello Alexander." Washington said. Turning his attention to the former lost toy. "What are you doing up here? Shouldn't you be describing your epic tales?"

Alexander shook his head and scooted closer to Washington. "I'm good." Washington raised an eyebrow but didn't say a word, letting the stuffed doll rest against his much larger frame. "I missed you, dad."

"I missed you too, son."

"I know, Angelica told me all about it."

Washington pretended to be mad, but he wasn't trying too hard. "On that woman, I'm gonna get her one of these days."

Alexander chuckled "You better watch out then, she'll kick you a-"

"Language."

Alexander pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Hey!"

Washington rolled his eyes and ruffled Alexander's hair, making the man duck away with a smile. "It's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back."

Look at me go, another one-shot

As always, if you could please vote that would be awesome

- Riley