Horses of Course

"Alexander, you can ride Freedom." Directed Washington as he pointed to the white stallion.

Alexander shifted uncomfortably. "Umm sir?"

"Yes Hamilton?" asked Washington with a sigh.

"I umm... don't know how to ride a horse..." mumbled Alexander, flustered in embarrassment.

Washington turned around to look at Hamilton, raising one eyebrow. "You've never ridden a horse?"

"Umm yeah that's what I said."

"Ok, first things first." Started Washington. "You do everything from the left side, mounting, tacking, leading, everything. This is to not stab your horse with your sword."

"Ok."

Washington led Alexander (Who was firmly holding Freedom) to a stray fence post. "Use this as a mounting block to get on. You're gonna swing your legs around the horse."

Nodding Alexander did as he was told and rested on the saddle. Washington moved to grab the reins as he directed Hamilton on what to do next.

"Ok, good. Now put your feet in the stirrups, through the irons and make sure the leather isn't twisted."

After a minute of struggling Alexander got his feet in the stirrups. "Ok, now what."

"When you ride, bring your heel down and your toes up."

Alexander adjusted his feet accordingly.

"Good, now grab the rain and hold them like this." Washington grabbed Alexander's hands, folding them neatly around the leather reins.

"Ok, now what?"

"You're gonna walk now. Gently squeeze your legs together and click."

Taking a deep breath Alexander did as he was told and Freedom started walking.

"To turn right pull the right rein into your hip, same goes for turning left just the opposite. When you want to stop, pull both back."

Alexander continued walking around for a bit until he was comfortable before Washington launched him into a lesson about trotting.

+++++++++++++++

"Ughhhhhhh." complained Alexander the next day. "My legs are so sore."

Washington looked over at him. "Yeah, that's because you're not used to riding a horse, son."

Alexander rolled his eyes and took a bite of his 'breakfast' slob. "Yeah whatever."

"Good, cause today were going to be cantering." said Washington absentmindedly looking back at the stack of papers on his desk.

"WHAT!!!!!"

Ok so I know this is unrealistic as its hard to learn horse riding so fast (Trust me I know) but this is a fanfiction so it doesn't matter!

Anyways what are your thoughts on Owls? What is your favorite owl in the world???

Please vote as it helps me out a lot!!!!

- Riley