Letter

Request By RoseAshFox   (P.S. This was a great idea but I've been super busy and I couldn't think of what to do for this idea. So I wrote this up and yeah I'll probably redo it)

 It was something small, A school. A letter that most would find unnoteworthy. And yet, as his eyes scanned over the paper he couldn't help but cry.

It was to be a small military academy, a place of learning and strength. It was the combination of the two things Alexander loved most.

And yet, it brought Alexander to tears.

++++++++++++++

(You can skip its just Washington saying "Cool school but don't ask me about it cause i bet its fine and your idea is-Never mind I wont tell you, have fun. By son")

To Alexander Hamilton

Mount Vernon, December 12th 1799.

Sir,

I have duly received your letter of the 28th ultimo, enclosing a Copy of what you had written to the Secretary of War, on the subject of a Military Academy.

The Establishment of an Institution of this kind, upon a respectable and extensive basis, has ever been considered by me as an Object of primary importance to this Country; and while I was in the Chair of Government, I omitted no proper opportunity of recommending it, in my public Speeches, and otherwise, to the attention of the Legislature:1 But I never undertook to go into a detail of the organization of such an Academy; leaving this task to others, whose pursuits in the paths of Science, and attention to the Arrangements of such Institutions, had better qualified them for the execution of it.

For the same reason I must now decline making any observations on the details of your plan; and as it has already been submitted to the Secretary of War, through whom it would naturally be laid before Congress, it might be too late for alterations, if any should be suggested.

I sincerely hope that the subject will meet with due attention, and that the reasons for its establishment, which you have so clearly pointed out in your letter to the Secretary, will prevail upon the Legislature to place it upon a permanent and respectable footing. With very great esteem & regard I am, Son, you obedient servant

Go: Washington

+++++++++++++++

Congress had taken a while to approve the school's creation. It wasn't because they hated it.

It was worse.

It was something Alexander had feared since the beginning.

Washington. It was a name of strength and glory.

But it was the last time it was written by the holder of that name himself.

School, a topic that always made Alexander smile with fond memories. Was tainted.

Tainted with copper blood.

Tainted with salt tears.

Tainted with the rolling waves of the lake.

Alexander wanted to cry, for the last letter Washington ever signed, was his.

The last letter of George Washington, The fire presidents of the united states, General of the Continental Army.

And it was signed to Alexander.

Alexander didn't know what hurt more. Washington's loss of life, or the rudeness of it all.

The world had stopped, and he didn't know what was real.

Alexander felt like a ghost, the sadness numbing him. He seemed adrift, as if he wasn't alive.

Washington was gone, taken before Alexander said goodbye.

Also I was lazy and didn't rewrite the letter Washington sent. I only changed it so instead of saying Sir, it said Son cause I felt that fit better? But yeah I'm not happy with how little it is so I'm gonna redo when I have time I've just had a lot going on :/ 

pls voteeee

ALSO WTF WHY IS THERE SO MANY READS! ALMOST EVERY DAY IT GOES UP ANOTHER HUNDRED AND GUYS I CAN'T TAKE IT WE'RE ALMOST AT 10K!!!!!

-Riley