Sleep

Hamilton walked into the office, his reports for Washington in hand. He walked quickly up the grand marble staircases and opened the great wood doors. Inside the halls were lit with candles and sunlight shining through windows.

Hamilton's shoes clicked on the floor as he made his way to George Washington's office. Knocking on the door he heard a 'Hamilton, come in'.

Swinging the door wide open Hamilton entered only to see Aaron Burr standing across from Washington.

"Aaron Burr, sir." greeted Hamilton stiffly.

"Alexander Hamilton." answered Burr in a similar cold voice. The two men glared daggers at each other.

"As I was saying sir I look forward to seeing your strategy play out-"

"Aaron Burr."

"Sir?"

"Close the door on your way out."

Burr seemed to be taken back but nodded nonetheless and left the two alone. Once the door clicked shut Hamilton turned to Washington.

"Sir, the reports you wanted." Hamilton moved to set the paper on Washington's desk.

Washington looked down at them for a moment before looking back up at Alexander, "Alexander, how long did you stay up working on these?"

Hamilton muttered under his breath.

"Hamilton-"

"I didn't sleep sir." Answered Hamilton reluctantly. Washington frowned at these words, disappointment showing on his stone chipped features.

"Alexander-"

"I know! I know! But you needed these documents and fast so I did them-"

"Son, I needed these in a month."

Silence fell and the only thing Alexander could hear was his heartbeat. He worried that if he made a move a wild bear would bite him.

"Sir, I'm not your son."

"Well too bad, you're going home. You will sleep and I wont see you until next Monday, do I make myself clear?"

Alexander nodded.

"Good, I can't have my right-hand man dying from lack of sleep. You will not write a word or even look at a quill on your time off. Relax Alexander."

Alexander gave another small nod. "Of course da- I mean sir."

Washington smiled and waved Alexander off. "Go home now my boy, rest."
"Ok sir, see you next Monday!!!!"

I hate bug bites.

Reminder to vote or Washington will kick you off Wattpad for a few day! hahhaahhahahahahh I'm evil

- Riley