Off to bed with you (Request)

This is a request from the lovely @MochaMouse!!!!!!!

It was the peak of the war, and the night. Hamilton was notorious for staying up late to work, often times writing from dusk till dawn to finish a letter to congress.

Washington on the other hand was always in bed one time. Everyday he made sure to go to bed when the sun set for if not he grew quite a temper. Which was why it was quite odd when the General made his way over to Hamilton's work tent.

The man had run out of parchment paper, but he knew Hamilton always kept a stash of yellowed paper in his desk. That and he wanted to read some files Hamilton had written that day.

And so the General wove between tents of sleeping soldiers. Their loud snores echoed through the forest where they were camped. The burning ashes of untended fires withered out as the crisp dusk air blew over them. Stars glitter hello's in the deep blue sky, the moon glowed peacefully.

Washington silently made his way up to the tent, pushing the thick canvas out of the way to duck inside.

Unsurprisingly, Hamilton sat at his desk. One hand held his head up as the other furiously scrolled across the blank page, filling it up with words.

"Hello son," Washington greeted, sleepily walking over to the desk and picking up the files. "Can I have some blank parchment?"

"Notcha son," Hamilton shot back exhaustedly. He pulled his desk drawer out, took out a heavy stack of paper and handed it to Washington before returning to his work.

Washington grabbed his paperwork and the new fresh paper. He opened the tent flap and went to duck out of the tent.

Quick realization hits him like a bullet, he rushes back in "Why are you still up young man!??" He quietly scolded.

"Well..why are.. you still up sir?" Alex slightly laughs.

"I actually just-" a loud snore interrupted the General as he looked down at his boy. Alexander lay slumped over his desk, his feather quill landing on the floor with a flourish. 'Well he was out fast' thought George, but suddenly Alex shot back up and got straight back to work.

"How do you live like this???" George questioned, shocked. He looked at the boy with concern, watching as Alexander met his eyes. Dark bags hung under each eye, signs of lack of sleep.

"Huh? Oh, uh." Alex couldn't seem to complete sentences because he was so tired. "I like to call it a.. Uh.. Power nap.." He finished and got straight back to work.

Hamilton got back to work, scooping the lost quill off the floor and continued to write furiously on the parchment. In his efforts to finish his work he missed the Generals scheming look.

'Well I could.. No, no he'll just get up and work again' Washington thought, 'Perhaps I should.. Well... No that won't work.. Hmmm....'

Washington pulled an old oak chair towards him, sitting down as it creaked under him. He glanced at Alexander and his long, tangled black hair. When combed, the boys hair looked like a sleek majestic raven, currently it looked like a mangled horse hair. Knots were woven together in a spider web of ebony hair.

Leaning forward, Washington grabbed some of his hair, working his fingers through the dark tendrils. Alexander tensed up for a moment before relaxing into the massage.

The calming motion lulled the boy to sleep once more, soft huffs coming from his tired lips.

Carefully, Washington picked his 'son' up, carrying the boy out of the tent. He crossed a small green over to the tent where a few other aides and allies lay asleep.

Somehow, Washington stumbles through the dark. He made his way to Alexander's cot, laying the boy down and flinging a wool blanket over his cold and tired body.

"Good night Alexander." He whispered before retreating out of the shadow filled tent and back to his own.

Looks who's alive, me. Somehow. Also, I have a fear of caves now. And I hate Jellyfish. That is all.

Wait I lied, pls don't forget to vote!!!!

-Riley