Orphanage

Alexander's knees were about to buckle from the swarm of tiny kids around him. They clung to his legs and arms making him look like a monster of toddlers.

But Alexander had to take care of them, because no one else would. Not the kind worker lady, Ms. Manderson or the stray volunteer.

What made it worse was that Alexander hated small kids with a burning passion but for unknown reasons those small children loved him.

Aaron Burr was the other teenager who lived there and the two of them were both 17, waiting for the moment when they could leave this hell hole.

But Aaron didn't care to help Alexander, instead he read stories to the quiet 10 year old's up to the teens.

It wasn't fair.

"Philip!" Alexander screeched as the young boy tried to pull Alex's pants down. "nO!"

Theodosia sat a bit away, clapping at the boy's antics much to Alexander's distaste.

Faintly Alex could hear the opening and shutting of a door but he was too busy with the nine toddlers around him.

"Hahahaha!" Chackled one girl named Angelica Jr.

"I-I'm hungry!" Whined another that was pulling on Alex's shirt to get his attention.

"Who's that guy?" asked one kid and the all in perfect harmony turned to take at the man.

He was bald with a hat atop his head, like the ones you would see in the pirate movies. He wore a blue hoodie and black sweats. His hands were in his pockets as he stared at the children.

"Uhhh... Hello sir, can I help you?"

The man looked Alexander up and down, as if to inspect him. "I'm here to adopt." He answered simply.

Alexander nodded and all the kids let go of him. "Come with me." he said before leading the man to the main office. Inside Ms. Manderson was sorting papers.

"Oh hello Alex, who is this?" She asked, looking up.

"George Washington, it's nice to meet you Ms. Manderson. If you don't remember, I called yesterday."

"Ahh yes, I remember you!" She chirped happily. "Alex, would you be a dear and bring everyone downstairs?"

"Of course ma'am!" Alexander answered before rushing out of the office and up the stairs, calling to the other kids as he wanted. When he reached the main bedroom he peeked inside to see Burr reading a picture book to the 10 year old's.

"Hey Burr, kids. There is a man here to adopt. Ms. Manderson wants us all downstairs." I called.

Burr looked up, nodding and the kids followed me out and downstairs. Aaron did quick sweeps of the rooms, making sure they had everyone.

The kids dispersed playing or reading. Aaron walked over to Alex. "Who is it? Another couple who can't have a kid or something?"

Alexander looked over at him and shook his head. "Nah, just some random guy named George Washington."

Aaron stopped and stared at me. "George Washington as in the Ex Army General and congressman? THAT GEORGE WASHINGTON?!" He yelled silently. (I don't know so just roll with it lmao - Riley)

"Wait, that's why he looked so familiar!" Alexander and Aaron look towards the office, waiting for the moment why the man came out.

After another minuet Mr. Washington and Ms. Manderson came out.

"Children!" Ms. Manderson boomed in her usual loud voice. A hushed silence fell upon the crowd of children who turned to look her way.

"This is Mr. Washington. Can everyone say hello?"