Stowaway

A nine year old Alexander snuck off the docked ship, hoping to get off unnoticed by the crew. He had left his home, his life behind in favor of getting on a random ship.

For days he had his and ate scrapes he had found but he had finally made it to a place called 'New York City'.

"Hey!" A shout came from behind Alex. The boy bolted down the plank and onto the dock, weaving between unknowing men. Ducking and dodging Alexander ran from the men chasing him, their blue uniforms sticking out in the crowd of gray and brown.

Alex spared one glance backward and saw a man hot on his tail.

Alex ran faster than he ever had before, his heart was beating and he could hear it in his ear. His breaths were coming out in strangled gasps and his legs were tired and sore.

"CATCH THAT BRAT!"

"STOWAWAY!" Called the men as Alexander rushed and hid in a stack of barrels. Peaking out he saw the men standing around in confusion.

"Where'd he go?" asked one to his friend and only receiving a shrug.

"Shit, the General is gonna be mad."

The men ran off and Alexander let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He stayed like that for a few minutes before creeping out from behind the barrels and scurrying down the dock.

Alexander looked around, hoping to not see the soldiers when he bumped into something, or someone.

Looking up he saw a tall man, dressed in an elegant uniform with a hat perched atop his head. That man looked down at Alexander, a cold emotionless expression on his face. The man radiated power and control.

"U-Uh, h-hi?" stuttered Alexander nervously as he looked around for a way out.

"Where's your father son?" asked the man in a gruff voice.

Alexander panicked even more and turned to take off when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He couldn't break free from his strong grip.

"I-"

"You're the stow-away." asked the man as he raised one eyebrow.

"I uhh-"

Sighing, the man took off his hat and placed it atop Alex's head. It was a bit too big and flopped down, covering his eyes.

Alex moved the hat up and thanked the man quietly.

"Your welcome son-"

Just then the two guards looking for him rushed over. "Sir! There was a stowaway on board and he disappeared-'' Started one.

Alexander ran behind the tall man, clicking the blue wool uniform and peeking his head out from behind him.

"There he is!" Shouted one man as he moved to grabbed Alexander only for the man to stop him.

"Don't you dare touch my son, soldier." He hissed and Alex was taken aback by the comment.

"I- Wa- how- '' spluttered the soldier as he stepped back.

The other soldier rush in "We're so sorry General Washington."

Both men sputtered and ran off to the ship leaving Alexander alone with the mysterious 'General Washington'.

Washington looked down at the boy, a small tight smile on his face before bending down to Alexander's level.

"I guess you alone, huh son?" he asked and Alexander nodded.

"How would you like to stay with me. You could help me." Washington offered and Alex's eyes brightened.

Quickly Alexander nodded and Washington patted his head, the hat slipped again and Washington fixed it.

"Let go soon." Standing up Washington held out his hand and Alexander took it. "What's your name?"

"My name is Alexander Hamilton!" Said Alex brightly as he walked off with the General.

Y'all, so my friends keep making fun of how I laugh because it 'sounds like I'm inhaling' when I laugh. Is it just me that does that????

Please vote so more people can witness this cuteness!!

- Riley