Hamilvillain (pt 2)

"Can I please blow up one small thing, just one?" begged Alexander.

Even after three months of being a hero in training, Alexander still wanted to blow shit up. To the world this might have been concerning but to Washington it was normal.

"For that last time Alexander, no blowing stuff up."

Alexander frowned but didn't reply.

Sighing, Washington sat down atop a random roof, Alexander beside him. They weren't close to the edge so they couldn't see the streams of people going about their nightlife.

"Remind me again why I wanted to help run a city," asked Washington.

"Cause you want to help people and you love politics." responded Alexander. The boy knew of Washington double life as he had lived with Washington for five months now.

Two months ago they won in court and the orphanage Alexander had been at got shut down.

"You're one to talk." Washington said, pointing out Alexander's love for all things political.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." said the boy with a roll of his eyes.

Silence fell like a blanket over the two and Alexander looked up at the stars. "I miss home."

Washington stayed silent.

"The Caribbean." Alexander continued. "Where I was born. A hurricane destroyed my town. I didn't drown, I couldn't seem to die."

The wind whistled overhead.

"I wrote my way out. I wrote everything down as far as I could see. I wrote my way out."

"Wrote to where?" asked Washington.

"I used it to get on a ship that was New York bound. I wrote my way out of hell."

Washington has always been good at reading the room, so he stayed quiet.

"And now I'm here."

"I'm proud of you." said Washington.

Alexander looked at the man. "Really? Me?"

"You're strong, strong through the hurricane. Strong through life." explained Washington.

They stayed up there on the roof for a few more minutes before heading back home. Alexander never had a real home but with Washington he felt he was. He had a father, a kind mother, and a cat named Lin.

"Can I call yo- never mind." said Alexander.

Washington turned to Alexander, "Yes."

"You didn't even-"

"Yes."

"Bu-"

"Yes."

Alexander signed now. "Ok fine Dad."

"Good Son." Washington snarked back.

Alexander smiled, a small very tired smile but a smile nonetheless.

This was home.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Didn't have any good ideas but I decided to do a part two to this so yeah.

Alsooooooo I'm reading this really good book called Another Scottish Tragedy by nnevertrustaduck so if you haven't read it go check it out. (And no, I'm not promoting them ish, its just a really good book)

Vote for more!!!

- Riley