Have you seen---

The men were too busy preparing for war to take notice of the laughs and giggles coming from their General's tent. Most, in fact, could care less about their leader's adopted son.

So they didn't think to check on the six year old Alexander Washington.

Somehow (Probably with sheer force of will) Alexander managed to climb up onto the tall wood chair that sat beside the desk. And on that very desk was General George Washington's hat and cloak.

Giggling, Alex grabbed a handful of the soft wool blue coat. He (gently) draped the heavy yet warm cloak over his thin, tiny shoulders.

Next he grabbed the hat, placing it on his head only for it to flop down over his eyes.

"Ahhh!" Alexander squealed, pushing the hat back up.

Carefully he climbed off the chair which was a great feat itself as he was wearing a cloak 20 times bigger than him and a hat which caused the world to go black.

When his feet touched the ground, Alexander readjusted his outfit before trudging outside and into the busy camp.

Men glowered down at him, treading on the wool cloak. They rushed right by him while carrying supplies and weapons.

Alexander stopped in the middle of it all, feeling lost as hundreds of men swarmed around him. There were so many people yet he felt so alone.

Then a voice came, drifting above the crowd. "Hey Alexander!" Alex looked up at his friend John Laurens. The older man bent down to Alexander's level, pushing the hat back up onto his head. "Where are you going, buddy?"

"To Papa!" Alexander cried, giving the other man a toothy grin. "Do you know where he is?"

John thought for a moment before shaking his head, "I haven't seen him today but I'll help you look!"

"Ok!" Alexander said excitedly. "Can you give me a piggy-back ride?"

"Of course!" John said, "Anything for you General!" Giggling, Alexander climbed onto John's back. Part of the wool cloak fell down on John's back but he didn't mind as it was no longer being dragged through the dirt. "Where should we go, General?"

"Hmmm," Alexander thought, "Let's go see Herc! Maybe he knows where Papa is!"

"Ok then!" John said "Off to Hercules!"

+++++++++

"Hey Joh- Oh, Hi Alexander!" Hercules said, looking up at the boy who now towered over him.

"Hi!" Alexander said, waving down. "Have you seen Papa?"

"Nope, but I know he was going to a meeting with Lafyette." Herc said.

"Ok! Want to come with us- wait. I command you to help us find my Papa!" Alexander yelled, pointing down at Herc.

Letting out a big hearty laugh Herc nodded, "Sir, yes sir!" He marched beside John out of the tent and back through the wandering crowds. Alexander watched in awe as hundreds of men walked to-and-from the camp.

"I can see everything!" Alexander cheered.

Herc looked up at him, smiling "Can you see Aaron Burr?"

Alexander swung his head around until he found the sour man. He always hated Alexander for some reason, even going out of his way to set Alexander's toys on the highest shelves so he couldn't play with them. He always made a big deal about how he was not a 'babysitter' for some 'ankle-bitter'.

"I see him!"

John growled angrily, "What's he doing?"

"He- He stepped in horse poop!" Alexander said with a laugh as he watched the man stomp around angrily.

"W-Wait! Really?" Herc said, dying with laughter.

"Yeah!"

"OOoo! What about Charals Lee?" John asked excitedly.

Once more Alexander scanned the crowds of men. "I uhh- I can't see him."

"Oh-"

"OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" Came the screeching yell of one Charles Lee. The man was running through the camp, clutching one of his fingers. He was wailing so loud that even the birds must have been impressed, or they just got scared.

"Well. That answers it." Herc said, shrugging.

"I think he got a paper cut." Alexander informed the man.

"Oh, makes sense." John said with a wave of his hand, "He's a wimp like that."

Alexander frowned because he knew all about the horrors of paper cuts but held his tongue. "Yeah."

"Let's go find Laf," Hercules said, driving their attention away from the screaming man and back to the task at hand.

"RIGHT! ONWARD MARCH!!" Alexander yelled, pointing towards Laf's tent and they set off once more to find their unofficial brother and father.

+++++++++

"LAFAYETTE!!!!" Alexander yelled as he ducked into the man's tent (For he was still on John's shoulders).

The french man jumped, startled by their sudden entry. "Petit Lion!" He yelled, "You scared me!"

Alexander laughed, "Sorry, have you seen Papa? We've been looking everywhere for him!"

"Yeah, he want back to his tent to find you-"

"ALEXANDER!!!!!!!!!" came a scream from outside.

"Oh Shit." The older men said in unison

"Oh Shoot." Alexander whispered.

"HAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN MY SON HE'S THIS TALL-"

"CRAP! COME ON GUYS BEFORE HE KILLS SOMEONE!" Laf screeched before bolting out the door.

Alexander clung to John for dear life as the three men sprinted over to Washington. His small hand covered John, causing him to go blind and stumble.

"wOHHH!" John screamed.

Alexander took his hand off John's eyes, letting the young man see again and catch himself before he could fall.

The loud commotion caused Washington to look over from his yelling with Burr. "Alexander?"

"Papa!" Alex screamed.

The man raced over to them, grabbing Alexander off John's head and hugging the small boy tightly. "Where were you?"

"I was looking for you, and then I found John and then we went to Hercules and then we thought you were with Laf. So was walked over to hims and he said you were looking for me and-"

"Ok, ok. I'm just glad you're safe, Son."

Alexander and his father smiled, trying to ignore the cooing of the men behind them as they walked back to their tent. 

I'm back baby! Sorry for the long time without updating, I had the motivation just no ideas (No jokes this took FOUR DAYS) but hopefully I'll start to be better again about posting more. But anyways moving on- 

Voting is super quick and easy and you can always unvote later -some youtube guy 

- Riley