Wedding (pt 2)

(Requested by @MochaMouse)

It had been years since Washington had seen his son. Every night he was haunted by the cries of Alexander. The bright red hand print across his face. Tears falling down Alexander's face as he fell to the ground.

That was why Washington was nervous. See, Mrs. Hamilton invited Washington over for dinner. Washington.

Which meant that Washington was going to see Alexander again.

Washington jolted forward as the coach came to a stop before The Hamilton's house. Washington got off, thanking and paying the driver before watching him drive away, clicking at the horses.

Turning his attention back to the house Washington looked around. It looked well maintained, better then he would have thought.

He walked slowly up to the door, trying to calm his beating heart.

Just on the other side of the door was Alexander. Just a knock away was his son.

He took a breath before knocking on the door. Footsteps could be heard and soon the door creaked open.

Two sets of eyes paired curiously up at him. The first was a boy, curly hair and a speckling of freckles across his nose. His blue shimmering eyes looked Washington up and down. The other was a girl, her brown hair tied neatly in a pony-tail with a yellow ribbon. Her brown eyes that no doubt came from her father, Alexander.

¨Hello little ones.¨ greeted Washington. The two small kids blinked up at him confused. ¨Uhh, Your mother invited me over for dinner?¨

¨Ohhhhhhh!!!" said that boy ¨Grandpa!¨ he ran forward and hugged Washington's leg. Washington was stunted, Grandpa?

The girl shyly stepped forward, also hugging Washington. Washington didn't know what to do, how to react.

¨Philip? Angelica?¨ came Eliza's voice came wafting through the home and the door opened wider revealing the kind woman and a small baby she was holding. ¨Washington sir! Welcome! It's been a while since I last saw you.¨

¨Agree, how have you been Mrs. Hamilton?¨

Smiling Eliza answered. ¨ Well, please come in. Children, you can let go of Grandpa now.¨

¨Oki!¨ said the little girl which must have been Angelica Jr. (Named after her aunt).

He walked inside, carefully so as to not bump into one of the small children.

¨ALEXANDER!!¨ yelled Eliza up the stairs. ¨Dinner!¨

¨In a minute dear!¨ came the quiet echo of Alexander's voice. Washington stiffened at it.

Eliza turned back around to Washington. ¨Sorry about him.¨

¨Does he know I'm-¨

¨No." answered Eliza with a sigh. ¨But I feel you two need to make amends. Besides the kids want to meet their grandpa.¨ she said with a wink.

¨I- oh.¨ Washington was trying to think through what to say. ¨How do you feel about all this?¨ he asked, waving his hands around.

¨We've made up.¨ she answered softly. ¨Although it will never be the same. Alexander has tried though. He spends time with us, helps keep the yard clean and watches the children. He's trying to be the father he didn't have, of course until he met you.¨ Eliza explains.

¨I see.¨

As the two walked into the dining room Washington looked around the long table. Children chattered, seated in the chairs. A feast of food lay ready to be eaten, steaming rolled and butterfly mashed potatoes.

¨Children, this is your Grandfather, Washington.¨

¨As in George Washington? Like the first president Washington?¨ Piped up one of the kids.

¨Yes, I am.¨

¨Eliza sorry I'm-¨ said Alexander walking in. Washington turned and looked at the man. ¨Sir.¨

Washington ran to the man, scooping him up in a hug of tears and regrets. Alexander stood there still stunned by the appearance of his father, here.

¨I'm so, so sorry.¨ whispered Washington.

Alexander slowly brought his arms up, hugging Washington back. ¨d-Dad?¨

They stood like that for a few minutes, hugging and crying despite the audience. And that's when they knew it would be ok. Everything would be ok.

That was, until it wasn't.

popcorn is yum

vote for a part three

- Riley